Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kurtis Midget Chassis 261

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by varodder, Nov 12, 2011.

1. varodder

varodder

jackandeuces is restoring this midget racer. It is chassis 261 originally powered by a V8 60 but refitted and raced with an aluminum Buick 215 later on. Here's a few pictures of what it looks like now....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Front and rear end...

[​IMG]

Buick 215 V8

[​IMG]

Background on chassis 261

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. paddybuilt

paddybuilt
    from SoCal

Mickey Thompson also put a Buick v8 in a kurtis, driven by Hurk, you can chichi that one out on one of Dick Wallens midget videos running at Ascot.

3. The37Kid

The37Kid

YOU ARE A VERY LUCKY GUY!!!!!!!! A Kurtis with documented history!!! Now you have to deside what era of the cars history to restore it to, personally I'd restore it to its 1963 CORA Championship appearance. I think Gordon White may be a HAMB member, great to see your car in his book. Bob

4. 36tbird

36tbird

That is so neat!

My dad built me a midget using an old body he found somewhere and put it on a Cushman 3 wheeler frame with the Cushman engine. He built an independent front suspension for it. Here's a pic of it with me "at speed". He must have taken this after just painting it. You can see a clamp holding the hood on. It just had a hand brake handle. Looks like it had the same "grease gun" on the cowl. What was that for? priming the engine?

PS, if anyone knows the whereabouts of this, I sure would like to find it. Last seen in the area of Vance Jackson and Fredericksburg Rd., San Antonio about 1965.

Attached Files:

5. varodder

varodder

Russ, it belongs to Chris Hall.

6. Lot of updates to that frame. The cross bars in the rear, and the Peck nose were hardly improvements over the original design.

7. jackandeuces

jackandeuces

Dean, I have to agree...