Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Got me a new ride. I'M STOKED!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tugmaster, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Well, my 38 project really stagnated a few months ago. I'm just to busy at work and I didn't feel like I was making good enough headway. I was getting pretty depressed. So I decided to try and sell it. It took about two months but it found a new home in Florida. So thier I was without a car. I knew I wanted a driver I could just tinker with. Wanted to have some money left over for makin it pretty so it kind of limited my choices. I think I scored big!!
    1960 4dr Belair with 53k on the clock. I'm the 3rd owner. It is in very good shape. A few bubbles in the paint but nothing major. The shift linkage is totally out of adjustment and its a bitch to shift.
    My plans: Drive the piss out of it. I need to get the linkage squared away and I'm going to upgrade to a dual M/C. After that I want to drop it 2 or 3 inches all around and throw some Astros on it. Some say I will scallop it and do a bullet grill but for know I just want to enjoy it.
    We had a 90+ mile drive home with it and it didn't skip a beat. We cuised at 60-65 and it just floated along. It was great. Here's some pics. Todd

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      106 KB
      Views:
    • 002.JPG
      002.JPG
      File size:
      104.6 KB
      Views:
    • 004.JPG
      004.JPG
      File size:
      116.1 KB
      Views:
    • 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      112.1 KB
      Views:
  2. rafael

rafael
    from Moody AFB

nice car, now myself a family man, i have a soft spot for the unloved more doors.
    keep us posted.

3. Deuces

Deuces

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! :D

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Great choice. A live ride, even a fourdoor, is lots better than a dead project, even a twodoor.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

NICE! Nothing wrong with buying a nice driver.

6. farmer12

farmer12

Awesome, good score. And don't forget to enjoy!

7. Rebracer

Rebracer

Love it, wish I had one like that! Early 60s cars should be four doors. Are you sure you want to lower it 3"? why not just leave it as is, your car though of course, enjoy it!

8. BadLuck

BadLuck

baaadass! Love those cars.. looks like its in great shape too.. love the dash color... Step 1) lower Step 2) astro's Step 3) Drive! Congrats Todd, youre gonna have fun with this one, trust me!

9. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

Do you still have the old "hussy"? Or did I miss that...

Big old boats are fun though!! great looking belair

10. rebarsfords

rebarsfords

Very nice score! You'll have fun with that!

11. Congrats, that is a nice score. Love the flat fins on those model years.

12. Thanks fellas. 60 was the last year for the fins. I too agree some people give 4 doors a bad rap. On a nice cruiser 4 doors are nice. Now I just need to make some friends!!! Todd

13. ...I'd drive that!

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Lowered with a wheel swap and drive it. Something to be said for a ride you just jump in and go. I'm, predicting some good time in store for you with this one.

Frank

15. burnout2614

burnout2614

4 dead bodies will fit in that trunk. peace

16. 54 Chevy

54 Chevy

17. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

18. Nice, congratulations!!

19. Yea the dash color is nice. It's called sunburst copper. Do you thing that would be a good color to do the scallops in? I thing the copper would be a decent contrast against the white. Thanks, Todd

20. That thing has got fun written all over it!

I also just got rid of a project that was too big for me right now. Worked out a trade deal for a driver that I can enjoy now. So I completely understand your decision.

21. Man, that peach looks so fine- as is. Leave looks alone, fix the shift.

22. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

Really nice. I also have a 60 four door sedan and they are great cruisers. I recently drove mine on a 250 mile trip and cruised 70-75. One thing I would suggest is to paint the roof sun-tan copper to match your interior. When you two tone it, it really changes the profile of the car. Let me know when you are lowering it. I plan to lower mine 2-3" next summer with a kit from Jamco.. Let me know how it works out for ya. Also a little cheaper than astros are the spinner hubcaps for your hubcap. I think they are the coolest OG hubcap out there and a great accessory..

Rick

23. Nice. I can remember having one of those when I was a kid.

24. oddrod46

oddrod46
    from Georgia

nice go with some ride astros pinner whites skirts and dual rear antannae!!!

25. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

nice car, have a good time enjoying it now.

26. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

One of the best dash/steering wheel combo's on any car..I like it.

27. csimonds

csimonds

BITCHEN!!! Todd you find the coolest shit man, I'm jelious lol.
    Chuck

28. Excellent score! Those cars are right up my alley. We could cruise together if we weren't 3000 miles apart.........:D

29. 8 if they're cut up!

Sweet ride man. I think that dash is one the best ever - would loves me a '60! Silly question - 235 powered, or do you the wrong kind of engine in it? :D

30. ryno

ryno

nice score tug.
    i like the plans, keep it simple
    as mentioned the roof and scallops would look good in the sunburst copper, but then we wouldn't be keeping it simple right?