Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kids spilled rustoleum paint in the bedroom

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carcrazyjohn, Nov 11, 2011.

1. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Any kid horror stories out there ,The paint was a quart can of silver ,Im in the doghouse for having the paint in the bedroom,It was for the models Im building ,Nothing ruined Just the oil that was on top...I didnt even yell at the kids ,Now Im sleeping alone the next few nights ,It smells pretty good actually ,But the wife doesnt think so.........

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Blame the kids......poor them.

3. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Here is a horror story ......The twins said they don't want to drive the '40 or the '64 or any other of the old stuff to prom. They want to drive a Escalade & Hummer. Now that scares the shit out of me.
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

4. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

When I was about eleven, a long long time ago, I and my brothers and sisters painted an upholstered chair as a surprise for my parents.

5. maybe she was remembering the movie "goldfinger"

6. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Its true ,I was trying to show them where I bookmarked something for them,Anyway Id figured Id share it with you guys....................My wife snores ,so Ill get a good night's sleep.................

7. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Back just after I was married and living in an apartment. I was rebuilding a vintage race bike in the second bedroom. Done for the night and drew a bath. Naked and ready for the tub when I remembered I wanted to let some small parts soak in gasoline. The lid on the jar was tight and when it came loose, I dumped it all down the front of me. It really tingles when it gets down so far on the skin. Glad I had a tub of water to jump in. Like you, I didn't mind the smell of gas so much, but she didn't like it. As for the kid story? Just the kid in me..........lol

OK, short kid story. My son got off the school bus in front of the house and thought he'd be a clown for his friends by walking up and over the somewhat Older Buick I had in the driveway for his first car. When he walked up over the trunk and roof and started for the hood, he slipped going down the windshield and put his elbow through the windshield. I came home from work and saw the trail of dusty sneaker footprints up and over the car and then saw the windshield and didn't even have to ask.............

8. FormerFueler

FormerFueler

Several years ago I was doing some repair work on a funny car body for a friend and when I went in the house for a minute my son decided to "help". He had picked up a sanding block with 36 grit on it and went to work!

9. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Thats not good 36 ....

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

So my Ex goes back to her family's homeland of Hong Kong with the assumption she'll be back in 6 weeks... Time to work! The moment she is gone a couple of projects start to happen, strip the dash board for the plymouth, and build the VW racing engine I had been wanting to do. This is all taking place in our third story apt in a somewhat swanky complex. The dash comes apart with no bother, and is hauled out back to the balcony to get stripped and sanded then repainted. The engine goes out for machine work, but the shop is a super busy place that belongs to a good friend and since my stuff is being done for damn near free, it's going to be a bit. Cool, plenty of time. I amuse my self with the dash, then rounding up and cleaning all of the little engine internal stuff that one reuses in an engine build. Some thing an older, more experianced buddy of mine suggests is to make use of the dishwasher for final cleaning of engine internals. Oh, ported the heads too.
    At week 4 my buddy calls and tells me to come get my case and crank - it's all done! I get it home, scrub it up in the tub, then decide that it will fit the dishwasher for it's final wash. Dump it in, start the washer, go to bed. I woke the next morning a bit late to go open up my store, and quickly made note that I better catch up on the cleaning tonight. At 11AM my back line phone rings.... "Guess what... I missed you so much I came home early!!!" "I'm In L.A., Come and get me at the airport in an hour!!!" The quickest drive to and house cleaning to ever have taken place on this or any other planet ensues. All looked good except for one thing... Cases and crank in the dishwasher! We made it about a year after that...

11. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

When I was a kid, my Dad was adjusting the brakes on his '49 Ford. We didn't have anything to block the tires so my Dad had me put my feet on the bumper, my hands on the ground to hold the car. I slit my hand open on a piece of glass. I got up to get a bandage and my Dad asked where I was going. I showed him my hand and he said, "What are you? A girl! Get back here and finish what you're doing!". After we were finished, he took me inside, grabbed my hand and held it over the sink. It took a bottle of iodine and said, "You'd better not cry, only girls cry!!!". Yeeoooowwww........

When I was 12, my Dad found a comic book I had hidden (my Mom said not to buy anymore comic books). When I got home from school, before I could open the door, it was flung open, my Dad grabbed me by my collar, yanked me into the house and beat me within an inch of my life. The beating was for lying to my mother.

Growing up, there were severe penalties for doing anything wrong............

12. metal man

metal man

When I was 3 years old, my dad had this neat,black '40 Ford coupe in one of his garages.One day I managed to somehow slip away from adult supervision and go on a little shop tour all by myself.
    There was an opened 100 lb bag of silica sand leaned on the wall right next to the left rear fender.So.....I thought it seemed logical that the sand must go in the hole in the left rear fender with the nice,shiny cap on it. Helped 'ol dad out by putting a few quarts of sand in the gas tank.
    He fixed me though, gave ME the car when I was 5 years old, and we built it together when I was 15-16. I made a new gas tank.:D

13. metal man

metal man

This sounds like the makings of a pretty good movie.

14. 61falcon

61falcon

when we were kids, my younger brother armor all'ed the vinyl seat in dads daily driver work truck. he was doing dad a favor and cleaned the truck for him. it was pretty funny. dad took him for a ride to show the results of his cleaning. they were laughing pretty hard when they got back. dad had to wear his seat belt nice and tight until the armor all finally wore off.

15. metal man

metal man

That's funny.I did the same thing,and the steering wheel too.Dad laughed it off.

16. iceokie

iceokie

So I'm painting a hotrod mural in my sons room one weekend and in charge of same 4-year old. I'm sketching and and painting away and over time he comes in to check on the progress. Everytime he comes in I ask "does Jake paint or draw on the walls?" He replies, "no, just daddies."

I don't see him for a while and its quiet. To quiet. I walk into the formal living room and he's found his sidewalk chalk and some water and has completely "painted" my wife's entire front room sofa, pink and blue. He say, "I'm not painting on the wall daddy!"

I must admit I laughed my ass off. My wife . . . not so much. Although 17 years later she sees the humor. And it was an awesome mural.

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya, pretty much everything with her was good movie material! Life's always fun when your significatnt other has three people living in her head... I guess I leaned a bit hard on the "kid in me" concept on that one!

18. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

Yer dad was pretty much a douche like mine was. My dad would have me change the oil on his car and he would fool with the bumper jack while I was under there for grins and giggles.

19. Deuces

Deuces

My wife is louder than I am....:rolleyes:;)

20. E Burfield

E Burfield

All i got to say is BB gun!

21. My 2 year old son Nikolaus watches me work all the time.
    he knows that spray paint is fun and He knows how to use it,one day he grabs my can of red primer and crawls inside the f1 and paints the corner of my drivers side window.
    when I went to check on him,I could smell paint but didn't think any of it til I saw it.

Same kid,freshly painted jeep door,kid took a piece of pipe and started banging away.

He lost my f1 gas tank cap,later found on the street but someone had ran it over.

Is it too late for adoption?

22. When we were young my sister and I overheard dad telling mom that he should get the car ( a 46 Ford ) painted, so the next day when dad was gone we gathered up a bunch of different buckets of paint and a couple of brushes and surprised him.:eek:

23. 48ford

48ford

My son is 28 now,when he was a boy he took my screw drivers and pounded them in he grass(it needed mowing).
    I got home from work,got on the tractor,cut the grass.
    We laugh now!
    Later Russ

24. metalix_421

metalix_421

when I was about 6 I got a new bb gun and my friend and I went out to shoot it and found the perfect target it was the windshield of my dads 1956 ranchero. I dont even need to tell you what happened after my dad got home from work and went out to work on it.

25. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

Never light sparklers in your bedroom and then when you hear your Dad coming put them in a plastic trash can and cover it with paper........He will find it.

26. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

You'll shoot your eyeout kid!

27. rebelrat

rebelrat

Friend had just rolled his Morris Minor out of the spray booth(still wet paint) when his 4year old daughter rubbed a rubber ball all along the side
    of the car !!!!!oh how we laughed.

28. Wags66

Wags66
    from Montana

One boring summer day when I was 12 having lost intrest in "chopping" my numerous Schwinn Stingray bicycles and not being able to get my Briggs go kart to go any faster, I decided it was time to learn something new. I removed the 4 bbl carb from dad's 69 Olds and took it completely apart in my upstairs bedroom. Had it all laid out nice and neat on a couple bath towels when dad busts in the door because he smelled the gasoline ( I had neglected to drain the bowl:) ). After a few harsh words about trying to set the house on fire, he asked me what it was. You have to understand, my dad was not a car guy or mechanical at all, he was a dentist and had no clue what I had dismantled. Knowing I was in deep s**t, I attempted to explain that I knew what I was doing and would reassemble it and put it back. "Back WHERE?!?" dad demands sternly. Uhhhhh.... your Oldsmobile dad. Well, he really hit the roof, long story short, he ended up taking all the parts to a mechanic friend, I got paddled and grounded for a month. After a couple weeks he cooled off and it all led to my first car. He figured he couldnt keep me from messing with mechanical stuff and found me a broke down $50 AMC I could tinker on. Had it running in less than a year. This story occasionally comes up at family get togethers and I swear every time, had I been given a chance, I could have got it back together.

29. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Does it make payingthe bills easier, having multiple people in the head??:rolleyes: