Register now to get rid of these ads!

springfield ohio swap meet this weekend

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57ford/60thunderbird, Nov 10, 2011.

1. any one going to the springfield ohio swap meet this weekend?

whos selling and might have a c/4 bellhousing for a sbf theyd care to bring with them

2. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

I am not going to attend this one,going top be installing a rebuilt C-4 in my 55 sunliner saturday for the Florida trip later this month.

3. fordrat31

fordrat31
    from Palmer, MA

I'm in Indy for the weekend, and planning to head over. I have never been to this one before, curious as to how many people are going to be there. Any one go to the winter meet before?

4. wheelguy

wheelguy

To Fordrat31: I go about every year... The winter meet isn't near as big as the memorial day (May) & Labor day (Sept.) meet but it's okay...Better try to go Saturday, it may rain Sunday!!!!!

5. HambBurglar

HambBurglar
    from Cincinnati

I've been to the winter swap meet once. It's been several years, but at that time all the vendors were inside the big "H" shaped building. No one was outside. It was quite a dissappointment after going to the spring and summer meets that take a whole day to see. Hope it's better than my experience. Took about an hour to view everything there and some of it twice.

6. HambBurglar

HambBurglar
    from Cincinnati

One more thought, I believe that there is an all Ford swap meet in Columbus Thanksgiving weekend. It's at the State Fairgrounds. I've not been to it but have
    heard it fills the indoor exibit buildings.

7. yes there is the all ford swap is thanksgiving weekend if your a ford guy its deffinitly with a drive

the winter springfield is a let down from the other swaps they have but it beats sitting inn the house

8. fordrat31

fordrat31
    from Palmer, MA

Just got back from the meet. I thought it was ok. A bit small, but I knew it was going to be going into it. Some prices were fair and others were way off.

I found a old Burns intake for a model A motor that had been broken in half and welded back together. They wanted 175$! I almost dropped it on the ground again when I heard that. Mint intakes like that sell for 180-200$

I did score a really cool Hamilton Greyhound wagon though. It's going to make a great tug-around for other swap meets.