Register now to get rid of these ads!

Real Rodders Wheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stude-sled, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

:confused:I am getting ready to order some new wheels for my Studebaker Lark and was curios if the Real Rodders Wheels are worth the $$$. Thanks, Brian

2. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Real Rodders wheels look more like Vintage Halibrands thsan the new Chinese made Halibrands with the small "Halibrand" embossing.

3. olpaul

olpaul

I got em on my Nomad. Nice, but a pain to polish so often.

4. sdgsavage

sdgsavage

I agree that the price can be a set back. But they really do look way better than the offshore halibrands. Also 16 inch sizes. I got a mixed set of smoothies and small kindney beans, with the Dow coating. They look real sharp. Worth it to me.

5. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

I have a set of RRW wheels and they are first class. They were great to deal with and shipped fast.

6. Tony

Tony

I've been considering dropping the coin on a set for my 5 window eventually and wondered the same thing. It was a toss up between them, Halibrands or possibly Team III.
    The Dow coating looks real nice and would probably work great with the color i'm painting the car..wish i knew someone local who had a set so i can see it in person though.

7. jdubbya

jdubbya

I bought a set of halibrand replicas, and am real happy with them, the quality is way better than expected for the price.
    http://www.jdwheels.com/halibrand_replica.htm

The only thing I did was purchase a set of bullett center caps for them.

Attached Files:

• 001.JPG
      001.JPG
      File size:
      157.9 KB
      Views:
    • 005.JPG
      005.JPG
      File size:
      158.4 KB
      Views:
  8. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I have been looking at them for a few years as I plan to put a set on a future project (might put a set on my woodie also). I think they are worth the money. quality seems really good.

9. Triggerman

Triggerman
    from NorCal

I saw them at the CHRR and I believe I met Pat. Really nice fellow, super nice looking wheels and.....they have that faux magnesium coating that looks amazingly close to polished magnesium wheels. I know, I've seen the real thing. To answer your question Stude-sled, if you have the coin to purchase his wheels then I say go for it. There have been many threads about buy American here on the HAMB and here you have a chance to put your money where your job is. I think you'll be content.

10. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

if you can pony up the dough, i think you'll never get tired of the qualty! i bought a set of american racing "rodders" halibrand knock offs. i dont know if you can still get them, but these look great. i got a pair if 15''x5'', 15''x8''. they were very reasonable.

11. TERPU

TERPU

Pat is great to work with. He even put up with all my questions and was a real pro. I have a set for my '33. It's a long story as to how that purchase came about but when I finally bit the bullet and got the wheels boy was I happy. I have a set of Halibrands on my '54. They are Bitchin' wheels, but Real Rodders are the finest wheels made for the stuff we like, no question. I am not a rich man and had to hock alot of stuff to afford them, but wheels, tires, stance and clean glass make a car. If you have the scratch purchase them you will be glad you did. And on the polish part it's worth it. When my wheels got here they were mirror shiny with not one single scratch or blemish, I was amazed and stunned. It was very refreshing to shell out hard earned money that's not easy to come by and get something that far far exceeded what I expected. I haven't put them on the '33 yet because the car isn't nice enough to wear them, but I'm working on that.

Tim

The afformentioned tesTIMonial was given without pay or coaxing- Pat I know you'll get that.

12. Joe's 32 Ford Sedan

Joe's 32 Ford Sedan

I have a set on my roadster. They are great wheels, mine are polished and I never have to polish them.I use Norton's liquid ice to clean them and they look great. Also have a set on my new project. Pat is great to work with. Buy them you will be glad you did.

13. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I just looked at their website....man do I like the style of their wheels....

Just outta curiousity's sake...what kinda coin are they fetching (approx) for a set of their wheels....I know what I am prepaired to drop on a set of rims/tire (which aint cheap) BUT want to see where it stands in with RRW seeing as I like their style so much...

14. badshifter

badshifter

Can't say if it's worth the money to you. We don't know your financial situation. Now if you want to know their quality, it's as good as it gets.

15. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

With the new style of coating that makes them look like polishes mag. they are about $800.00 per wheel.