Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods All Steel '34 Bodies?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Andy Sweeney, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Andy Sweeney

Andy Sweeney

I'm soon to be starting a '34 3 window build and being in the UK am very limited to the availability of a decent body. There are a couple of high quality glass bodies avaialbe, but before I commit, I just thought I'd explore the market place for a steel body, whether original or reproduction.

Does anyone make a full fendred all steel 3 window chopped '34?

And would I be correct in thinking that an original steel '34 complete with fenderes and lids etc is a very sought after, rare and expensive thing indeed?

I probably can't afford a steel body to be fair, but thought I'd ask.

Thanks.

2. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

3. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Yeah, just for the body...fenders not included.

4. kingpins

kingpins

ive had a few glass body cars and atleast for me in the end i wish i woulda got a steel one even if it was reproduction one. nothing worse than being unsatisfied in your choice until youve already spent the same money you would have if you just got the steel one. good luck.

5. alchemy

alchemy

When all is said and done, you'll spend 90% as much on a glass car as you would on steel, but it will be worth 50%.

6. Cerberus

Cerberus

Factory Five has several versions of a '33. Buy the stage you want. Motor mounts are for sbf. Body is hand-laid vinylester composite. 4-link rear. Body is 3 inches wider.

Attached Files:

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

How much are you willing to spend? I bet you could turn up a '34 for a little less then you think if you're good at hunting and don'e mind a little work. Shit if the price was right I have a rust free '33 3w that you could buy.....maybe. :D

Seems like people are getting some deals lately on cars. Nows the time if there was a time!

8. Weasel

Weasel

Ummm - traditional??? Maybe not on this site - c'mon you've been here long enough and should know by now what is and what is not appropriate....

9. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Wow. I have never looked into the Factory Five 33. That thing is hideous.

10. dontlifttoshift

dontlifttoshift

yep, the FF5 cars are disgusting and i have yet to see one that was fast.

11. I could build you a fast one, but fast is never enough to make up for ugly.

Its kind of like that homley girl in highschool, she could sure cook but end of the day she was still that homely girl.

12. Andy Sweeney

Andy Sweeney

Wow, that's stunning - stuff dreams are made of.

Sadly, with shipping, import duty and taxes here in the UK, that would end up costing about $45k which is way out of my league.

I'm, on a modest budget and will be doing 95% of the work myself - even if that means clocking in the over time prepping a glass body.

Thing is, a fully complete glass body here in the UK will cost circa $8k all in - a massive difference - although i TOTALLY understand the differences in the product, for sure.

What might you have for sale?

I trust an original body needing work is equally expensive?

13. Weasel

Weasel

1933/34 Ford 3 Window coupes and coupe bodies are at a premium - way high on the scale of hot rod desirabilia and priced accordingly....

14. Andy Sweeney

Andy Sweeney

Makes sense - just thought it was worth asking first.

15. fleet-master

fleet-master

ask Mindover on here. He's in the UK and is a coachbuilder . If he doesn't know where to get one then he could prob make you one

16. 32fivewindow

32fivewindow
    from USA!

Within the last year there have been several steel bodies/rollers 33/34 3ws on evilbay under 15 k with excellent potential. I happen to see a tasty one on there right now.

17. These things are ugly and look nothing like Henry's 34,,,even a glass 34 look's better. HRP

18. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Real Henry 34' 3 window bodies are still out there. I just picked one up off of craigslist for $7500 with a beautiful frame. Yes it is rough but very savable/buildable. I responded a day after the ad was posted and the body could of sold many times over, it's just luck was in my favor. I also had to drive 950 miles one way to get it. Seeing that you are from the UK unfortunately puts you at a great disadvantage for finding original tin, perhaps arrive at a compromise and settle for a sedan as they are way more plentiful and are alot less $$$$.

19. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

Factory Five 33=BARF.

20. Andy Sweeney

Andy Sweeney

Fair comment but I'm in love with the 3 window. I'll keep my eyes open, but glass might be the solution.

I'll just need to make sure it's done really well.

21. reefer

reefer

Andy, I`m not sure if it is still for sale, but I think Wayne Streams had a steel 34 3 window body for sale (less doors)....ask on the nsra uk forum for details.

22. bobbooth

bobbooth
    from limeyland

I think that the 3 and the 5 window have gone to europe Nige

23. bobbooth

bobbooth
    from limeyland

find yourself a 5 window still a coupe and more of them about I just picked this and brought it in :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011