Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Usmc

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Deuce Daddy Don, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happy birthday usmc!!!-----1775-2011

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Semper Fi... from an X squid. Gary

3. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona

USMC 1969-1971 Semper Fi. Lets not forget tomorrow also.

4. cheveey57

cheveey57

Semper Fi from a MOS 0481

5. chopped

chopped

Thanks, former 2111 Nam 67-68.

6. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

63- 69. Sgt e5. Happy Birthday!

7. coupe man

coupe man

69-71 Cpl.e4.Happy Birthday Marines

8. bowlingball

bowlingball
    from Australia

iv the greatest respect for all whove served and still serve,,,,please may i ask without any dissrespect intended to the US marines,,,ive been told a long time ago (by my grandfather who served) that the US First Marine Division adopted our Australian unofficial national anthom "Waltzing Matilda" as their marching song,,,,,,,during service over here in WW2,,,,,can anyone here verify that?

9. bowlingball

bowlingball
    from Australia

Ps i know the "halls of Montezuma " as it was my junior schools song whist i was growing up in Australia (albeit with changed words)excuse my spelling please....

10. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

1957/1961 Sgt E-4 Japan, Okinawa.

B:DB

11. rexrogers

rexrogers

From 1775 in The Tunn Tavern to 2011 across the globe the Marines Corps has had a great impact on many of our lives and the world. Happy Birthday Devil Dogs.

94-98 Clp Rogers 3513

12. Jmountainjr

Jmountainjr
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happy 236th from the U.S. Army!
    COL (Ret.)

13. jbrittonjr

jbrittonjr

Happy Birthday!
    (VMFA-212 radar)

14. vivalahotrod

vivalahotrod

Semper Fidelis brothers and sisters!
    236 years? Damn we look good...:p

Staff Sergeant/0481
    1994-TBD

Viva

15. cozee

cozee

236 years old!! Standing tall and looking good!!!! SEMPER FI!!!

Cozee, 0311 Lima Co., 2/3. Kaneohe HI, '77-79.

And a big heart felt THANK YOU for all my fellow vertans. Have a happy Veterans Day tomorrow!!!

16. Ole don

Ole don

Happy birthday to all the Marines, and my little brother who lost his battle with cancer about this time of year in 2005. He served from 1967 on.

17. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

I'll drink to that.

18. A-zonie

A-zonie
    from Mesa, AZ

Happy Birthday Marines. '62-'66 including the Danang area in '65.

19. rodknocker

rodknocker

Get some! Golf 2/5, 0351, S.M.A.W. Team, that should date me. Every man should want to grow up to be like Chesty Puller.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  20. Panama Red

Panama Red

Happy Birthday Marines! From an Army Nam vet.

21. Semper Fidelis!

86-95

22. ehrawn

ehrawn
    from Oahu

On November 10, 1775, a Corps of Marines was created by a resolution of Continental Congress. Since that date many thousand men have borne the name "Marine". In memory of them it is fitting that we who are Marines should commemorate the birthday of our corps by calling to mind the glories of its long and illustrious history.

The record of our corps is one which will bear comparison with that of the most famous military organizations in the world's history. During 90 of the 146 years of its existence the Marine Corps has been in action against the Nation's foes. From the Battle of Trenton to the Argonne, Marines have won foremost honors in war, and is the long eras of tranquility at home, generation after generation of Marines have grown gray in war in both hemispheres and in every corner of the seven seas, that our country and its citizens might enjoy peace and security.

In every battle and skirmish since the birth of our corps, Marines have acquitted themselves with the greatest distinction, winning new honors on each occasion until the term "Marine" has come to signify all that is highest in military efficiency and soldierly virtue.

This high name of distinction and soldierly repute we who are Marines today have received from those who preceded us in the corps. With it we have also received from them the eternal spirit which has animated our corps from generation to generation and has been the distinguishing mark of the Marines in every age. So long as that spirit continues to flourish Marines will be found equal to every emergency in the future as they have been in the past, and the men of our Nation will regard us as worthy successors to the long line of illustrious men who have served as "Soldiers of the Sea" since the founding of the Corps.

John Archer Lejeune

23. Your Grandfather is correct. Waltzing Matilida is 1st Marine Division's Marching Song. I remember hearing it when I was a young Marine, wondering what it was. I was given a history lesson and it has been engraved in my memory ever since.

24. Harms Way

Harms Way

Semper Fidelis!!

68-73 8652

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all
    JARHEADS & LEATHERNECKS !!!!
    :D

Bless you Chesty Puller, Wherever you are !

"Ooh-Rah!"

25. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Happy Birthday to the USMC and to my Number #1 nephew who is proud to serve as a Marine. He's spending his 23rd birthday this week awaiting deployment to Afghanistan. Gospeed and thanks to all who have served and continue to.

26. silversink

silversink

1962--1970 Happy Birthday Devel Dod everywhere

27. I have grown up and lived most of my life within a few miles of Camp Pendleton. In fact, the sound of artillery fire and "Ma Deuce" barking in the background has been a soundtrack to my everyday life, for as long as I can remember.

In my house they are not called "The Marines", we affectionately refer to them as "Our Marines". We do the best we can to look after them, knowing that most are far away from their families. We love Our Marines and are damned proud of them and their glorious history.

Happy Birthday USMC!!

28. Fly'n Kolors

Fly'n Kolors

"When it absolutley,positively has to be destroyed overnight." USMC

29. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Happy Birthday you 'Jar Heads!' From the Australian Army.

Doc.

30. Harms Way

Harms Way

I normally would not post twice on this thread,.. But 236 candles on any cake deserves a little look over the shoulder,.... Please take a moment to enjoy these quotes over the years,.....

"There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and those who have met them in battle. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." Unknown

"Retreat Hell! We're just attacking in another direction." (Attributed to Major General Oliver P. Smith, USMC, Korea, December 1950.)

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are
    winning." (Colonel David M. Shoup, USMC, Tarawa, 21 November 1943.)

"The deadliest weapon in the world is a MARINE and his rifle!"
    GEN. PERSHING, US.ARMY

"Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking!"
    FERDINAND FOCH

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." GEORGE ORWELL

"Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge-hammer!"
    MAJ. HOLDREDGE

"I have just returned from visiting the MARINES at the front, and there is not a finer fighting organization in the world!"
    GEN. DOUGLAS MACARTHUR, U.S. ARMY

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem!"
    CHESTY PULLER, USMC

"So they've got us surrounded, good! Now we can fire in any direction, those b*****ds won't get away this time!"
    CHESTY PULLER, USMC

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"
    CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

"The safest place in Korea was right behind a platoon of MARINES. LORD, how they could fight!"
    MAJ. GEN. FRANK LOWE, U.S. ARMY

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
    PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

WE STOLE THE EAGLE FROM THE AIR FORCE, THE ANCHOR FROM THE NAVY AND THE ROPE FROM THE ARMY.

WARRIORS BY DAY, LOVERS BY NIGHT, PROFESSIONALS BY CHOICE, AND MARINES BY THE GRACE OF GOD.
    :D

[​IMG]