Register now to get rid of these ads!

Old dog - new trick

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldsmerc, Nov 9, 2011.

1. oldsmerc

oldsmerc
    from seattle

A couple of days ago I ran out of my MOJO "natural orange" hand cleaner. My hands were very dirty from replacing springs on my pickup. I had some Simple Green and decided to try it. WOW! That stuff is as good or better than any hand cleaner I have ever used. I am probably the last guy to discover this but I thought maybe someone out there could use the information. Cheaper and better.

2. 94hoghead

94hoghead

I love simply green, its great stuff.

3. oldolds

oldolds

Careful with the Simple Green as hand wash. It is a bit caustic. Will take the skin off if you use it too much.

4. nsra_23

nsra_23
    from Indiana

I use some hand cleaner that i get from my snap on man that is called Nitro Gold and it is the best hand cleaner i have used.

5. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Simple Green tears my hands up, but it sure does clean them well

6. I use simple green as a hand cleaner all the time. 409 too if I have it sitting around.

7. Marcosmadness

Marcosmadness
    from California

Rinse your hands with warm/hot water... put some dishwasher detergent (Palmolive/Joy) and a teaspoon of table salt. This works as well as any hand cleaner I have used and it doesn't screw up your hands with repeated use.

8. jerry

jerry

I usually use Dawn dish soap. Works good and is easy on your hands.

jerry

9. dirty4

dirty4

tide laundry soap cuts right through the grease

10. 62Furious

62Furious

I have used dish soap when the wife is doing dishes and it just pisses her off

11. I've used the green liquid Palmolive dish soap to clean my hands for years. It also makes a great car wash soap. I've also used it as an engine degreaser (when thinned out with water) and floor mat/carpet cleaner. This stuff has many great uses.

12. sololobo

sololobo

Simple Green is good but caustic. Using Dawn dish soap with some salt as pumice will do it all and treat your hands better, tis the season to use some hand lotion anyway. ~sololobo~

13. They replaced silicon in the local GM factory with Simple Green. Used for a lub to install rubber on doors and windows.

14. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

Surprisingly shaving cream will easily clean your hands where other stuff fails.

15. Paul B

Paul B

Use shout when the wife inst looking or liquid tide

16. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It will take hide, hair and all off your hands while it is getting them clean too. That was all we used in the first shop I worked in as a mechanic.

Any mechanic that has gotten used to the Green Zep hand cleaner with the grit in it won't want anything else.

17. That is my old standby as well. It also makes a great 'cut finder'. Every time I use it, I learn what knuckle got scraped up when I was working.

18. TOMMAY

TOMMAY
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from MOBILE,AL

WD-40 works pretty good as a hand cleaner if you don't have anthing else. Of couse you still have to wash with regular soap when you get to a sink.

19. 54reno

54reno

Zep Cherry Bomb is the best hand cleaner, bar none!!!

20. Dawn and sugar is my choice! Sugar seems to hold up a little longer than salt and is not as corrosive on sinks/drains.

21. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

I use simple green to clean my tires not hands.
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

22. Gator

Gator

This is the best stuff I've found, I get it at O'Reilly's auto parts. Works great even on paint and doesn't stink or seperate like some of the other commercial products.

[​IMG]