Register now to get rid of these ads!

ign lock cyl

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bad ass fords, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Bad ass fords

Bad ass fords

hey every one I have A 47 ford pick up with locking streeing wheel. need to know how to remove key lock cyl to replace with new one. cant find anything anywhere telling me how it comes out ??????

2. fordor41

fordor41

check with Mr Ford, Dick Spadaro Altamont,NY

3. Bad ass fords

Bad ass fords

where do I fined him

4. PM him here on the HAMB

5. MRTS33

MRTS33

Try 518-861-5367

6. NealinCA

NealinCA

There is a pin on the bottom of the column drop than needs to be (carefully) drilled out with a 1/4" drill. The lock cylinder should come out with some soaking and prying.

You can then tap the hole 5/16-NF and replace the pin with a set screw. It's not as "theft proof" then...but it works.

Hope that helps.

Neal

7. Bruce Lancaster

Bruce Lancaster
    Member Emeritus

And you probably don't need a new cylinder...most I have dealt with are usable. They are always choked with crud, so flush out with lots of WD 40, carb cleaner, whatever. Lube with graphite if you want, key number is almost always on side of cylinder so you can get a new key made from that.

8. DICK SPADARO

DICK SPADARO
    Member Emeritus

Here you go its a picture show, same procedure. When you are ready to install just tap the press pin hole and install a set screw like Neal suggests.

Attached Files:

9. Bad ass fords

Bad ass fords

Cool thanks guys this help me alot

10. RAY With

RAY With

WOW no place on earth but the HAMB would have this information and then the over the top pictures step by step. You guys are great!

11. Bad ass fords

Bad ass fords

Thanks every one that was A lot of help... I removed the pin and got the lock cyl out and now going to get a new key made for it. the truck been in the family since new. it belong to my daughter now and Im trying to restore it for her so again thanks to all your help.......