Register now to get rid of these ads!

Two lane blacktop on tonight!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TurboShadow, Nov 9, 2011.

1. TurboShadow

TurboShadow
    from Prosser wa

Two lane blacktop is on 11/10/11 at 1:05am pacific on channel EACTN channel 343 on dish network and on again at 11/17/11 at 10:05pm pacific. It is one of the movie channels. Just thought I would share, I have never see it! Ive read about, and tried to watch it on youtube once but the quality was terrible. I may just stay up until 1 tonight so I can watch!

TurboShadow

2. sweet....great car flick

3. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

"Im gonna change the jets"..... ad infinitum.

4. maverickman514

maverickman514

does anyone know if this movie is available on DVD?

5. sledkid

sledkid
    from mansfield

yea its on dvd got it love it

6. coop ED

coop ED

It's also on cox or cable tv channel 308 here on the west coast or so cal at 4 am. DVR is set

7. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

i'm gonna watch hazel.

8. voodoo1

voodoo1

Funny, I was just going to ask a question about this movie. How fast was the '55. Beginning of the movie it said their lives begin at 140mph. Think they were off a little. Faster than the HAMB tonight tho....

Mike

9. Thanks for the heads up man. I watched this once years ago when it was on Speed Channel (before it was even the Speed Channel), but, even though it was on late at night they had still edited the bejeebus out of it.

Just went and set the DVR. Looking forward to seeing it again.

10. aldixie

aldixie

It's also on Encore Action on Uverse channel 938 Friday Nov 18 12:05am

11. Great cars and an iconic car movie but..........well just watch an see.....I talked this movie up to my family for years as I had seen it way back when and it came on a few years ago......had the whole family ready to watch.....after a few minutes I was the only one left........but the popcorn was good!:eek:

12. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

I'd say mid 14's in the quarter according to the one I raced against this summer.:D
    [​IMG]

13. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

This was on one of our Dish network channels the other night, I was all stoked, had never seen it. Just turn the sound down, unless the cars are racing. Maybe this is a movie that sould be redone, with better acting, because that part is horrible. But the cars are cool.

14. evs1

evs1

I watched it last night. Seem to remember the track announcer calling a time in the 14's for the '55.

15. voodoo1

voodoo1

Speed looks faster when it's slower I guess. Still a great movie. Mike

16. maverickman514

maverickman514

"Our lives begin at 140 miles an hour" much better line than "I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those ten seconds or less blah blah blah....."

17. maverickman514

maverickman514

Also, if memory serves me correctly, wasn't the 55 painted and driven by Harrison Ford in AMERICAN GRAFFITTI?

18. voodoo1

voodoo1

That is what I have read. Also, the guy who owns the '55 owns Milners coupe. Can't remember his name. Mike

19. Yes, the 55 Chev is the same car.

As far as turning the movie down when the cars aren't running, I don't see the point. It has to be one of the least dialog rich movies I've ever seen. It's a classic, but, yes it is odd. You can definitely see the drug influence of the time. Still, it's a great flick.

20. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

please, everybody, stop saying`"iconic". pass it on.

21. Blk210

Blk210
    from New Market

If memory serves me correctly they ran 11s as they were all big block cars, both 454 ls6 crates and a 427, with a different cam, tunnel rams, muncies, and 4.88 olds rears. In the movie before they set up the race with The vette at the track you can hear the announcer say "the lil 55 goes deep into the 12s". And hands down best line is make it three yards motherf***er and you got an automobile race!!

22. You sir are correct. "Deep into the 12s" whichever way you want to take that.:)

23. TurboShadow

TurboShadow
    from Prosser wa

Good movie. Much better then vanishing point. The 55 is just amazing! I would also love to see some more pics of the "32" that had the 427.

As for how fast it goes, I heard the announcer say it ran 14's or was dialed in at 14's. But lets be serious guys THEY WERE SANDBAGGING! Any street racer worth their salt doesn't go to a track, run the car flat out and THEN go looking for a money race! lol.

I have another question, Ive seen the "make it three yards MF and we got an automobile race!" quote many times. I heard it as "make it three large MF and you got an automobile race!". That makes more sense to me, as earlier in the movie they said they had $300 in racing money. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?

24. Blk210

Blk210
    from New Market

Nope it's yards, slang for $300, although I have had the movie for years I was lucky enough a few years ago to pick up a collectors pack with the original script in it as well as pictures, commentary interviews and discussion with Ruth who built the cars.

25. Big Dad

Big Dad

IF YOU HAVE DIRECTV

It is on channel 541 at 2:15 am central, that is like RIGHT NOW

Free 541 channel on encore this weekend