Register now to get rid of these ads!

49-54 Chevy Fender Skirts...lets see em'

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by GREASER815, Nov 9, 2011.

1. GREASER815

GREASER815

Anyone have anything different than the standard factory style skirts? Looked at the overlay ones, but looking to be different. I have a set of these laying around I got very cheap...ever seen them on these cars, any way to make them fit in better with the lines of the 49-54 Chevy?

Attached Files:

Navyman67 likes this.
  2. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

When i first got my 54 Chevy it had similar skirts as the ones you have. Those were the first things to go. I Honestly think any overlay skirt on a Chevy of that year looks terrible. If that's your Chevy in your avatar, it looks good the way it is. Would be a shame to put those skirts on it.

3. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

i personally would just go with the flush stock skirts, but maybe extend them down a bit to meet the bottom of the fender, thats what im doing for my 51 poncho...
    i just feel its a lot more tasteful and clean

4. OLLIN

OLLIN

Ill second the mercury flared lip. that always looks good on those cars. it makes it look a little lower too...
    [​IMG]

i also saw this at a show in phoenix. I really dug it. its different then the usual!
    [​IMG]

5. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

My brothers been reworking my stock skirts to match the body line better. It makes a world of difference. Looks just like they should have fom the factory ! Sorry bout the crummy pics :cool:

Attached Files:

6. 54fierro

54fierro
    from san diego

I always thought something like this would look good but with the rear side coming all the way down to the bottom corner like a tear drop similar to this. without the moulding
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. butcherted

butcherted
    from hagerstown

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:DoNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> Here is a set of after market steel skirts from the 60s.

Attached Files:

8. 73super

73super

flatblackchevy.jpg

Attached Files:

9. Bigdaddyhemi

Bigdaddyhemi

I think mine are either Ford Or Merc they came with the car. The car is going in the shop next week for body & paint. I was thinking bubble skirts but I love the look of the ones I already have.

Attached Files:

10. GREASER815

GREASER815

I really love the green car. The purple car has a neat look too, The flare on the bottom seems to make all the difference.

11. Old Gold

Old Gold

Handbuilt flushmount cruisers....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

previous owner grafted in these 56? Chevy fenders... I liked them but after I notched and bagged it , it was near impossible to change a tire...
    [​IMG]

13. Kulturepimp

Kulturepimp

These are some scratch built ones I came up with for a '51 for a customer I also put '54 qtrs so disregard that part.

Attached Files:

14. deaconjwh

deaconjwh
    from Parma, OH
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

Picked these up on the Bay a couple of months ago still in original box. Brand is Perfection. Steel in red primer. List of models they fit as 'universal' on the box. Pencilled in price on the box was less than 10$ if I remember right. Will need some massaging to fit perfectly, but I like them.

Attached Files:

15. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

[​IMG]

if I wanted a 49-54 to look like ass crack, these would be my first choice for skirts.

16. 'Mo

'Mo

Dave Jenkin's vintage built Chevy :cool::

[​IMG]

17. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky

I am beginning to like the looks of the overlays. Someone posted in the tech section; "Crafting skirts with no sewing". Check that post. Making your own skirts looks like an easy project. I would start with 16 gauge steel. It is harder to work be holds shape better.

Good luck.

P.S. I like the Packard stainless.

18. hotrod54chevy

hotrod54chevy
    from Ohio

What kind of skirts are those? Hate to flog an old thread, but that IS different!

19. Navyman67

Navyman67

If you want to sell those let me know please.

20. I guess you didn't notice the date on this thread.