Register now to get rid of these ads!

Longboard Air Sander

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by v8nova64, Nov 7, 2011.

1. v8nova64

v8nova64
    from !!

delete thread please

Last edited: Nov 10, 2011
  2. looks like a take off on a viking it should have enough power to pull you around with 24 grit, if not it will make a good unit for spot puty with reduced air pressure
    theres a oil screw on side be sure to oil that along with the air inlet, I always run a air oiler on the coupler, or they wear quickly

3. tooljunkie

tooljunkie
    from manitoba

mine is an ingersoll,but i think they all last about the same,oiling is important,but not too much,last thing you want it oil all over your freshly sanded filler.i oil mine,and run it 30 seconds and wipe off any excess oil before proceeding.i took mine apart for a thorough cleaning,never do that.aparrently they are timed.took a long time to get it to work again.

4. badshifter

badshifter

The president has more power than the vice president. I think that was a palm sander.
    But what you have there looks like a crappy overseas use it til it breaks worn out sander.

5. Noland

Noland

looks like a airboard,never heard of president brand but it doesnt look to junky. they all seem to be made about the same beside the hutchins.

6. voodoo1

voodoo1

I think the President has a fairly low approval rating right now.

7. badshifter

badshifter

And, it's hard to find where it REALLY comes from!

8. modeleh

modeleh

X2. I took mine apart also and had to eat crow and take it to a pal of mine who rebuilds air tools. It is tough to get it timed right. I find it helps to have good dry air, any amount of moisture seems to create icing. The thing slowly bogs down as what seems like ice forms in the inlet, then it breaks free and the thing speeds up to normal. They use up alot of air, quickly. I find that frequent oiling seems to help alot also. The Hutchins air board is a true dual action, I think the one you have pictured only goes fore and aft.

9. Willy301

Willy301

I echo a lot of the sentiments above. It is worth using till it breaks, but that is about it. I have had 2 hand me down junkers crap out on me this week, looking at the Hutchins that is a long board like that but actually has an orbital pattern. I know a few people that have them, and they swear by them...as opposed to at them. I figure the Hutchins costs the same as buying 2 of the cheapies, so if it lasts twice as long, I will be ahead of the game.

10. mickeymoto48

mickeymoto48

If you didn't know anything about it, and are wondering if it's any good or not, why'd you buy the damned thing? Maybe next time, ask first.