Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Anglia should I buy it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Stanislao, Nov 1, 2011.

1. paintcan54

paintcan54

Just seen this thread. Man I would buy that, what is there to think about.

2. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Liver at the homeless shelter?
    Man I love liver. Which shelter?
    Dude, SERIOUSELY, go to Harbor Freight and drop $150 and you're set.
    Then start getting real tools. They will come to you like ticks to a fat dog.
    $75 bux,,,,,,,,,Hell, I've wasted that much on bolts last year.

3. Bad news, I got canned. My disposable income is zero, all savings will be used to pay for collage. Good news is that unemployment in South Dakota is less severe than elsewhere, so I should be able to find a job within six months. At that point I can realistically expect 15 hours per week at 7.25 per hour. With 35% of my net income going into the car I think I can get her mostly restored in three years or so, assuming no pay raises.

My Grandfather has agreed to rent me one of his garages for six to twelve months free. I know a guy with a F-350 who has agreed to tow the vehicle. He does not have a trailer, so I will have to rent one for $50 to $100. I am working on estimating the cost of the tools I need.

Long story short, the car is perfect, my situation for the time being is not. Hopefully I can get her in early next year. I am considering giving the guy his $75 to keep anyone here from carting it off.

4. 6 months? WTF?! This is Rapid City, you can be making money tomorrow!

There is an 8 AM meeting tomorrow at Dunn Brothers for hiring at one of the many new restaurants that are opening. Runnings is expanding, they prob need people. Christmas season is starting Target and all the other places hire this time of year. There are always night stocking jobs open. Concord gas station on West main is hiring.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2011
  5. poprockcrusher

poprockcrusher

ya ..just THROW IT IN , not like that hasn't had the support of a racing family and years of development or anything
    lingenfelter had an ecotec [his last race car ] that could pound huber' s car but it had more dyno time in it than 4 years at college

6. poprockcrusher

poprockcrusher

go to north dakota oil fields

7. JJTF

JJTF

Does a bear..

Attached Files:

8. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

You're doing collages now? That doesn't pay all that well...

9. Stanislao...dude....you gotta stop the whining.

There's a ton of guys on this board who started out with zero at your age (myself included) and busted their tails in all kinds of jobs and the military to attain the things that they wanted.

A young guy like you sitting around bitching about not having $75.....shoot man...go make it happen. Get a job scrubbing pots and pans or something....buy some crappy used tools at a swap meet until you can get some better ones. Do what you gotta do.

I'm a high school teacher with a wife and three kids and I go in the evenings and clean a day-care center to earn extra money.....yeah....cleaning comodes and the whole bit. And I'm over 40 and am damn tired by the end of a 14 hour day.

I'm not gonna sit around and whine about this or that....I'm gonna go make things happen. Something better will come along for me and my family when the economy improves but in the meantime, I'm gonna bust my tail.

Damn dude...sorry to go off on you, but the whining isn't gonna fly here. Not for someone your age who can work all day and not even feel it.

10. rrbrucea

rrbrucea

Amen buddy. I'm living as poor as I ever have, not spending what I don't have, and have been working 2 jobs for the last 6 or 7 years straight. It's called doing what it takes...

11. eye bone

eye bone

58 Anglia was my first car $25.00 w/the engine in a box next to it… ran a 105E block in it… drove it 7 years… so far had more fun w/that car then any other I've owned… hands down! Go for it!

12. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

I'd buy any car for $75 bucks.

13. Like I said, hike down to Concord and ask for an app and to talk to Chris or Dave. Good pay, all you have to do is watch pumps and ring up sales.