Register now to get rid of these ads!

New old guy from Oregon

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by markbe1, Nov 6, 2011.

1. markbe1

markbe1

Hi Folks
    Always have worked on cars just not as much as I would have liked, never enough time or money.
    My grand son just out of high school, and I, built a '72 Chevy truck for him and '77 for me, a few years ago. I retired a couple years ago, and collected a few old AD trucks and built a shop. Just poured the last part of the slab a month ago and pulled my '49 project in. Bought a few parts and tools before the work ran out so have been staying busy and enjoying the building.
    I've been lurking a long time and enjoy the board and all here, a great resource. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute but in the mean time I'll read, do, and learn.
    Mark

2. rat pup

rat pup
    from houston

Welcome from houston tx Mark, What kind of 49 are you building?

3. 117harv

117harv

Welcome from Medford.

4. metalix_421

metalix_421

welcome from oklahoma

5. captainray

captainray

Welcome from Missouri. I used to live in Salem Oregon back in the early 50's when I was just a kid, miss oregon. Moved to Modesto CA and grew up building hot rods and cruising 10th street back in 1963 and 1964... I retired in 2001 and moved to Missouri in 2003. I'm building a 30X50 SteelMaster building, bigger project than I figured. I'm installing the end walls when this rain passes. My projects; a 50 Mercury, 34 Ford Coupe, 57 Chevy PU and a 53 Chevy PU. Hope to see some pictures of your 49 project and your shop... Happy Hot Rodding

6. Greetings from Iowa!

7. markbe1

markbe1

The '49 3 window was a abandoned father son project that was partially disassembled, so I'm just trying to get it back to running , then I don't know, 250 six or 350 and sag 3spd or 4spd, straight axle with disk brake kit, body will stay pretty much stock as it's my week point.

If that goes well I bought a Flat Out Eng. frt and rear kit with the corrvette frt. and rear suspension and I have a nice straight body and frame w/5 window, but I may not have time for that.
    I'll post pics when I find them, 'puter change :(

Thanks All for the warm welcome.
    Mark

8. fireman 55

fireman 55

Welcome from Philomath OR

9. trashn'l

trashn'l

Welcome from Prineville, Oregon!

10. houseofhotrods

houseofhotrods

Welcome from McMinnville, OR - have fun! :)

11. MikesIron

MikesIron
    from Union, OR

Hello from eastern Oregon! I'm another old guy, wrenched most of my life, and just retired. Spending all my days in the shop, which is probably what I should have done long ago!!! Actually, started out that way, but got side-tracked, and sucked into a desk gig... Lost over 20 lb in the few months I've been up off my butt!

12. spikez57

spikez57

Welcome from N.E~~~o-HI-o