Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs To cut or not to cut

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lowelife, Aug 27, 2010.

1. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

oh my god , leave the girl alone .
    if you got the itch to chop something ....go chop down a cherry tree george.

2. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

I agree with this guy...

3. LOL touche!!:D

4. 1/2done

1/2done
    from Ohio

Speaking from experience, keep something drivable. It really sucks having nothing but non running projects.
    [​IMG]
    11yrs and counting.
    [​IMG]

5. lowelife

lowelife

Oh man now I'm more confused than ever. Maybe I'll just sit on it for now, but the winters are long and cold up here and I've been known to do crazier shit to keep from going stir crazy.

6. nutajunka

nutajunka

Perfect car to make a sleeper out of.

7. imnezrider

imnezrider

I think you just answered your own question...:D

8. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Finish the first one and run the Chev the way she is till your completely ready to chop. Also make sure you know what kind of chop and exactly how your going to cut it and the overall look you want from it...as others have said its to nice of a car to not have a real plan for it...I went 5 years with mine apart awaiting the finish...looking back wish i had lowered it and drove the shit out of it for a couple yrs before I tore its apart!!

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'd put plates on it and enjoy it, it's good to have a driver.

10. TeejDio

TeejDio
    from W.N.Y.

From what the picture shows, it looks to be a nice solid driver - why not drive it and enjoy it as is and try your first chop on a car a little rougher. If it turns out you have the skills for a chop, you can always go back and chop the 49 after the A is done.
    Just my 2 cents.

11. Finish the A first then cut that bitch up.

12. Sauli

Sauli

I think Your second sentence answers Your question perfectly, and a top-chop would be a major project to take on "on the side". You´d also need to have not only a perfect "vision" in Your head of how it needs to look, but every step of that whole process down to the last window-regulator mapped out perfectly before You even consider getting started. I don´t mean to come across as a know-it-all or rain on Your parade, but I think this car would really serve Your current situation best by being left alone as a cool driver to go to shows, cruise nights, in etc.while the other car is in the project -stage.

13. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

That car looks so nice as-is. If it were mine, I'd simply clean it up as needed, maybe change the wheels/tires, lower it a tad, and drive/enjoy it. You can always decide to chop it later if you decide to.

14. Sid13

Sid13

Nice find!! I agree, I wouldn't chop it up. Sometimes less is more... Enjoy it the way it is for now.

15. junk

junk

Uncut but lowered. I'm also partial to wide whites.

16. fbama73

fbama73

Don't cut it...yet. Drive and enjoy it while you finish the A. Once the A is done, GET THE SAWZALL!!!

17. adamshumard

adamshumard

heres another idea. think about what you have in it. tack a little on for your trouble and let me know a price. i could come pick it up real soon. then you have extra jack to finish the a and i have a driver.

18. lowelife

lowelife

That looks really good. Is that car on a frame swap or subframed?

19. thesupersized

thesupersized

What's the worst that can happen?i say chop it, you say you never chopped a car...you have to start somewhere, if in the future you get rid of the car, you'll say to yourself, "I should've chopped it" there were dozens done on here that you can study and refer to...Not going improve your skills just nosing and decking it. Do you have anyone that did chop a car that could guide you through the operation?

20. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

You said, "I think I want to chop it."
    Not convincing enough for me. Too much work unless you are sure. :D

21. Good point Nash

22. greazy john

greazy john

no chop lowered nice tires/wheels and a visor cool bomb material

23. that's a nice looking chevy, leave it be.

24. Swifster

Swifster

Finish the A and then get some input from those that have gone down the path. Personally, I wouldn't chop it. I'd lower it just a little, put some new wheels and tires on the ol' girl and let her be. Maybe swap the engine for a 261.

25. kingpins

kingpins

enjoy it now and finish your other then cut the hell out of it later. i drove one for years with a 235 in it everyday...great cars. wish i still had mine.

26. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

OK - I was all for the chop, but I just seen that green one and might have changed my mind! Granted the car isn't as perfect as the picture but it would make a solid driver! Nevermind the fact that I should have had "dibbs" on it! LOL
    Besides you're going to be too busy working on my car to work on that one!
    If you straddle the fence on the chop too long, I'll make up your mind for you! I have a sawzall and a key to your shop!

27. badgeree

badgeree

Finish the "A" first. Be different and have a stock height roof. It'll look better than a Buthered chop, Just customize the rest of it the way you want......OR CHOP THE LID DOWN.....IT'LL LOOK GREAT.

28. Draggin wagon

Draggin wagon

i say chop it... oh wait... you did, and its coming along good.. fuck the haters!! that car deserved a chop!! oh yea... ill give you back the ignition and keys to it soon... its workin good in my panel!

29. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

Man it must be nice having to wonder what to do with your EXTRA car that is CHERRY, I can't even finish with the one I have now, only because of that STUPID thing they call MONEY...... Enjoy one while you finish the other unless you have a MONEY TREE in your backyard, Then I say CHOP the shit out of it..........................................................