Register now to get rid of these ads!

I guess I missed the email? New PM capacity?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by porknbeaner, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Got a quick question maybe one of the MODs can chime in or anyone else with insite?

I just found an email that says my inbox is full. I went and checked and it now says that I have a 300 message capacity. The capacity used to be different than that.

Does anyone know is this something that has happened with the recent problems with the server or has something been changed is this the new inbox capacity?

I am not complaining I am just wanting to know if something happened that I am not aware of and need to know about.

2. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Yeah- I had to delete a couple hundred pms. Suppose they take up a ton of space.

3. That explains mine being too full.

4. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Good timing. I deleted 300 or so a couple days ago cause it said I was almost full. Didn't realize it had dropped from 500. Guess that's the bosses way of sayin, " pick up your damn trash and throw it away"! Lol

5. I am the world's worse about keeping mine cleaned out myself. The upside is that only one got away and the email said who it was from so I could write them once I cleaned mine up.

I was just curious if there was a change in protocall. I know that I should be an alliance member, but not for the perks, just because I should. Maybe later this year or early next year. If I'm lucky.

6. i've tried 4 times to delete messages....to get down to the required amount...but they don't delete.........:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:............

i have some that i need to keep...so i haven't tried to dump the whole thing......

7. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

I hear ya Ben. I've never not been an alliance member since the day it started. This is the first yr the wife and I haven't been. Sometimes life gets I'n the way of this like this.

8. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Must be something with a new set up that is not working for you guys with lots of PM's. I reduced mine down a while back after Ryan put out a message about clearing PM's. I was down to 25 and just deleted about 10 just a moment ago. I'm sure mods will be on top of it and get you guy's going again.

9. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

The private message table is killing me. So, I need to make it smaller... This was the easy way.

If you are an alliance member, you can have 1200 private messages.

10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

What about the 1 min rate between replys? Does that go away with membership? I can't recall.

11. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

yeah, it does...

Sorry fellas.

12. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

No big deal man! I'll get some funds lined up sometime and get back ta helping out this place!!!!!!

13. If you spend alot of time in the parts for sale section your PM count will get a work out as we are not supposed to be responding or posting on the ads.

I understand the reasoning behind the no posts allowed on the ads rule but, all that does clutter up the PM table with PM's that never get deleted.

If some "limited posts" were allowed on the parts ads.... would that help to save bandwidth by eliminating a chunk of PM's that never get deleted ?

14. Roothawg

Roothawg

Make sure you clean out your sent pm's as well.

15. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Why in the world would anyone need to keep 1200 PM's?

16. I was thinking the same thing, I think Ryan could drop it way lower than that. If somebody wants to archive their P.M.s they could create a file on their computer to store them!

17. RichG

RichG

1200's way excessive, I'd think that the 500 limit would be more than enough.

18. No appologies necessary I was just curious.

1200 PMs? I am a bugger about keeping my little box clean 1200 is way more than I should have to keep track of.

Thanks for the reply.

19. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

I have 9....time to clean it out!

20. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Soooo, it's all your fault then!?:D

21. silent rick

silent rick

i'm only saving 16, you guys want to borrow some of mine?

22. I guess that I am slacker, I don't even have a hundred...

23. That's cause nobody wants to talk to ya:eek::D

I didn't realize the PM's were becoming such a problem for the board/admin. I'll have to get in and delete some, sorry staff.