Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ***Aces Poker Run*** with pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cruzr, Nov 5, 2011.

1. cruzr

cruzr

Went to the Aces poker run today,about 45 cars showed up. The Aces had everything very well organized and a good time was had by all. After the run we had a nice lunch at Roses Cantina and enjoyed the band playing. I won 3rd best poker hand. 32gal and I had a great day. Heres a few pics.

Attached Files:

2. 32gal

32gal
    from The OC

Cruzr and I had a good time, except i froze my buns off this morning. Gotta get a heater in the roadster!! Thanks Aces for a great day !!

3. blackdog49

blackdog49

Bunch of cool looking cars. Loving that 51 Ford!

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

It really doesn't get any better then Acme's '36....
    [​IMG]

This thing is pretty cool!!! Not that I could ever fit in it but cool none the less....
    [​IMG]

5. Godspeed

Godspeed

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  6. Thanks for the great pics, looks like a nice park.

7. Godspeed

Godspeed

Actually it was a Poker Run, where the vehicles were driven 43 miles through Santiago and Modjeska canyons, picking up cards at 5 stops. Best Poker hands won prizes.

I will post the video later.

[​IMG]

8. dullchrome

dullchrome
    from SoCal

The Aces are top notch and put on a great spread !

Thanks fellas

9. Godspeed

Godspeed

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great pics. That RPU is really nice.

Now, since there's no such thing as a dumb question..... what the heck is a poker run. I think I have an idea, but I'm not certain.

11. Godspeed

Godspeed

The ACES Car Club has brought back the tradition of 40's and 50's Hot Rod Reliability Runs.
    The purpose of a Reliability Run is to prove the road worthiness of the hotrods (This is NOT a race). The Cars will be driven through the canyons for 43 miles.
    There will be 5 stops with one random playing card given at each stop. Best Poker hand wins a prize! After the run we ate lunch at Rose Canyon Cantina (included with the $15 entry fee), and listened to Live Rockabilly music from the Pioneers (www.hotrodchurch.com)

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  12. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Okay, that's about what I thought. Sounds like a pretty cool time.

13. Great day today! Big thanks to the Aces...looking forward to next year!

Attached Files:

14. Bucknsac

Bucknsac

Man you have a great looking car, I love those fat fendered Ford sedans!

15. aces52

aces52

To All that came out Thanks We had a great time !!!!!! And for the ones who miss it , Well there's always next year but you did miss a good one. Have Fun BOB ACEScc

16. And you have exceptional taste in cars! :D Thanks!

Attached Files:

17. Damn I knew I should of went to this.I wasnt sure if Customs were ok,I read it was a Hotrod run,I should of known better and just went.Pics look like it was a good time.

18. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

I just moved to Old Towne Orange from Phx, Az. Really wanted to check this out but couldn't swing it..... next time I suppose.

19. cruzr

cruzr

Welcome to So Cal..........

you might want to check out the breakfast we have every Sat......

search for Anti Donut

its a great but small group of guys

20. I'm an ACES member and only own a kustom. As long as I'm a member, they will always be "ok". Please, join us next year, we'd love to have you and your kustom!

21. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

This one of my favorite events. Very low key and in a beautiful setting. The ACES are a great group of guys and do a great job of putting this event together.

Thanks again ACES cc!!!

22. poicymn

poicymn

Great cars!!!

23. poicymn

poicymn

Nice photo!! TFEVERFRED!!

24. sololobo

sololobo

Man does this look like a fun time, nuthin like seeing a bunch of rods and customs cruzin the streets. What a tremendous group of rides that turned out. Man I miss So Cal, especially when I see this type gig. Nice job cats and kittens. ~sololobo~

25. I'll jump on your thread Randy hope it's ok. We had fun, great to see everyone again....had to leave a little early to get the G/F to work.

Short Video on the way back as we go into the tree canopy.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mFl_gRrK_1g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

26. shiftervic

shiftervic
    from So. Cal.

It looks like every one had a good time!...

27. We really did, this is such a unique event. Plus, a sit-down dinner included in the $15 entry fee, what a deal. We had fewer cars this year (threat of rain) and it still felt like a big, full event; there is just something about this location that makes it feel different, unique and fun. I cannot wait until next year.

28. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

I am bumned I missed it , It was still raining hard saterday morning in T.J., and no wipers on the 39 made it impossible, I'll try again next year to make it.

29. Bucknsac

Bucknsac

It's my little guy that has the taste! Check out the '48 Ford he's building. It belonged to his Great, Great Grandpa and he and my Dad pulled it out and started working on it this past summer so it'll be ready for him to drive when he's of age. He fell in love with it when he was 2 yrs old and it's all he ever talks about.

Attached Files:

30. Hand me down hot rods...that is the coolest thing I've heard of in along time. Most of us have no idea who our car's previous owners were. Your little guy knows EXACTLY who was doing burnouts before him. Too hip!