Register now to get rid of these ads!

FE motor identification and Ford 406

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbillyhellcat, Oct 30, 2011.

1. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat

I didn't say it was the original motor, so it could be possible. I am trying to set up a date to look at it. Thanks for all the help.

2. OneBad56

OneBad56

I believe that we didn't say it was impossible.
    It would be a good find if it was a real FE406 versus a bored FE390, or newer engine.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  3. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

Some are saying it could be the small block 406 crate engine. But I can not see anyone trying to but a small block in a 65 T-bird engine compartment. I say get pictures of the engine in the car and post them.

4. MeanGene427

MeanGene427
    from Napa

Yep, that one was pretty left field :rolleyes: Everything in those 'Birds is FE related, why would you even want to go leetle block
    Why in the world would it matter one bit-"what year the motor was changed out"? The engine could have come from anywhere, could be any FE, and been swapped in at any time. Only one way to tell what it is, just get eyes-on, not spinning it around and around with a keyboard :p