Register now to get rid of these ads!

Flames Pinstriped outline only?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustypipes, Nov 4, 2011.

1. rustypipes

rustypipes
    from san jose

Anyone have any good pics of cars with just outlined only pinstriped flames, preferably looking for cars that are full blown flamed front to back.

Thanks

2. I have seen this done on several cars lately and I thought that it just did not work. One was a real nice '50 Ford with some nice mild custom work (frenched headlights, leaded hood & trunk etc.) then they had run flames with pinstripe tape on the hood and sides which IMO did nothing but detract from all the good work and the excellent paint job. If these had been ghosted in or filled in correctly it would have been much better.
    Again IMO only - if you like flames then get them done right.
    I get my car out of the shop tomorrow, I just had flames that start on the hood and go all the way down the sides done.
    I had solid flames on my high school '50 Ford in the early 60's, I think ghost flames were a little later, maybe 70's. I have always thought flames were a great way of really making your car stand out without having to spend a fortune.
    I will have photos after tomorrow.

3. raffman

raffman

Ohio Flames by "Dauber"............................................

[​IMG]

4. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

My OT toyat tundra has pinstripe flames running the beltline from front to back. Not what I had in mind before starting but I like them. I'd do them differently next time.

5. ehrawn

ehrawn
    from Oahu

A little busier than you are talking about but:
    [​IMG]
    I'd have to agree with Ol Skool. Pretty distracting.
    I wish i could find the picture again, but I remember seeing another 55 done in light blue where the guy had run a white pinstripe around every body feature: rockers, quarters, trim, fender. It did a nice job highlighting the body lines as opposed to distracting from them.

6. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

a local club president's car

Attached Files:

7. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

maybe not quite what your looking for but never the less, its a car with outlined flames

Attached Files:

8. cruzingratiot

cruzingratiot
    from Detroit MI

here is my ot van striped by safariknut around 1998
    befort i put the emblum behind the marker light on
    i think i may have better pics somewhere

[​IMG]

9. Here are a few pics of my '34 Ford taken before I totally redid the car three years ago. The pinstriped flames were actually three colors of red, darker red and maroon that blended together. The last pic is what the car looks like now. minus the flames.

Jim

Attached Files:

10. shtterbug8

shtterbug8

what happen to this thread? i would love to see some AD trucks with this flame treatment

11. I'm gonna bump this thread, because I always loved this treatment if done right, and I stumbled upon a couple pics that caught my eye. I plan on doing this with the 49 Plymouth I'm buying.

Attached Files:

12. As a rule if you find a striper pulling flames on a car you have found one helluva striper.

13. Well, I guess we'll see exactly how good I am, because I plan on stripin' em myself.

14. Here's a few more I found while dorkin' around on the internerd...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Here's my 66 Galaxie from 1976

Attached Files: