Register now to get rid of these ads!

Air Ride Control System Failure?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gnichols, Nov 4, 2011.

1. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Gang,
    My Level Pro controller failed, completely. It is the previous generation unit, not the latest controller. We did a total electrical check on the system today and despite power and grounds and continuity and fuse checks, everything is ok but the system won't fire. Luckily it was up at ride height so I can drive it locally. There are no lights in the control panel, no bells, no nothing. The plan is to send it back Monday AM for repair / replacement.

I've never seen any reporting on this kind of failure, so it sure was a surprise when we couldn't find a bad wire, blown fuse or something else today. Anyone have similar problems? Gary

2. 33mopower

33mopower

Had a similar problem with a unit. No lights, nothing. I don't have the patience to deal with airride so I opened it up and found the ground connection broken internally. Wasn't any easy fix either because the trace on the board was ripped off and all I had to solder to was a via. Stuck the new ground thru the via and was able to get connection on what was left of the trace. I hate airride customer service but if you have the time and patience just send it in for repair.

Had to rebuild a shock and they wanted a fortune to do it. Was able to find the seals directly from the shock manufacture for little more than the cost of shipping. They have changed shock manufactures over the years and they won't sell just the seals.

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Bump one last time, just in case. Gary

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I had to get a new box. Ridetec thinks the problem was related to power surge. Anyone know of an inline surge supressor or voltage regulator I might use ICW the new box to set the upper voltage limits? Gary