Register now to get rid of these ads!

help

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Daryl Hamilton 1940, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Daryl Hamilton 1940

Daryl Hamilton 1940

Is there anyone out there that can email me, and help me to understand
    how to use the hamb. I have introduced myself I have asked questions buy posting new threads. but for some reason I just cannot understand how to use this forum or website. Could someone please help me out. I would really like to be able to communicate with people about cars referbs. etc. but just can't seem to grasp posting question, advertise.Everything gets moved to another area I don't even know how to reply or check mail. I'm not as dumb as you me think but I feel that way. My biggest problem is problibly the fact that I'm not real computer
    savy.

Hope some of this makes sense.

Daryl 1940.

2. RichG

RichG

Well Daryl, you seem to be on the right track. If you have a question related specifically about your car, post it in the main forum. If you have a question about the website, or how to do something here, post it in the questions and suggestions section. Pretty straightforward.

A good suggestion is to go to your home page (where you put where you live and all that stuff) and click on the statistics tab right above that information. You can then view all of the posts you ever made, or you can view all of the threads you have started. This is really helpful because the board can move really quickly some days, and this way you can always find your threads!

Good luck!

3. the real problem is that so many people post your thread in a matter of hours can go to page 3 or 4.....

4. I feel your pain, Daryl. I'm not very computer literate myself. I did find that when I first got on here it was easier to "lurk" for quite a while before actually posting. There are so many facets to the HAMB it takes some time to learn to navigate around it all. Now sometimes I have to tell myself to keep my mouth (keyboard) quiet. Be patient with yourself. It will become easier. As a last resort, get a grandkid, niece or nephew or anyone under age 30 to help out. They've never known a world without computers. Good luck, don't get frustrated......Don.

5. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator