Register now to get rid of these ads!

50 f-1

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jimbo50f-1, Nov 3, 2011.

1. jimbo50f-1

jimbo50f-1

Well here it is. I finally got the front clip on. Pretty happy with the look, would like to get the rear end down A little bit and it's geared to low. Would like to be able to cruize highway speeds. But that's another project.

Attached Files:

2. shadams

shadams

Looks great! I wouldnt do a thing to the outside!

3. LOWFOMOCO

LOWFOMOCO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I like it!!! Looks like a lot of fun...

4. ...you can drop the rear by moving the spring hangers up on the frame, but mite have to do both front and rear to get the drop you want....no cost cept new bolts and labor.
    A 60's - 70's Ford truck rear is a bolt-in with better gears and your same wheel bolt pattern.
    btw, I like that F-1, keep us posted.
    How'd you lower the front?

5. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

6. Ohio Rodder

Ohio Rodder

7. F1's are the best!

Unique back bumper, do you know anything about it?

8. Xtrom

Xtrom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Forman, ND

Looks good. The slots fit it well.

9. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Just go find yourself a 66 up to 72 F-100 9 inch and bolt it in. The 66 up models have self adjusting brakes. Find one with a 3.50 gear.

:D

10. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

the truck looks good!!!!

You could take a few leafs out of the rear if you want it lower. I think I took the bottom 2 or 3 out of my truck and it still rides and hauls fine.

A 58-72 f-100 9" swap is a nice easy swap if you can pick up one cheap. If you get a 9 3/8" out of a 67-72 f-100 4x4 they are all 31 spline and most of those are L/S.

OR another option if you come across a cheap donor axle is to just regear your axle if it is a dana 44......Most older dana 44's have the same type of gears the only thing you have to look out for is to swap the carrier side gears to keep the course axle splines. Also on the newer dana 44 gears...... the pinion splines for the yoke are not coarse spline and you will have to replace the yoke as well. Additionally DON't use ford front 44 gears from 66 up pickups due to those gears being reverse cut.

If is a dana 41 it may be tougher to find highway gears / highway break carrier...I "think" they are different than the dana 44.