Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need some shock help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stubbsrodandcustom, Nov 2, 2011.

1. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

Where can I find some shocks that are stiffer than the small ones from speedway... they just dont have enough rate to them and think they are too light for my truck... it rides pretty good for a parallel leaf suspension... before I had some HD monroes on there and it was stiff but good.. now its real loose and leans real bad in corners... when i did the drop axle I had to go to a shorter shock... 8" compressed and 12.5 extension.. So anyone know of a tighter shock with those kind of dimensions?

2. Call summit and tell them you want some Doetch Tech shocks for a lowered vehicle. they will ask you your dimensions and send to the size you need.

3. stubbsrodandcustom

stubbsrodandcustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Spring tx

will do... thanks deff need some tighter shocks this thing was like driving a race car now feels like a 70s caddy.... ROLL IN THE CORNERS>>>>> ROLLLLL>....

4. American Metrics

American Metrics

I picked some up at AutoZone. They were for a 40's or 50's Plymouth.
    Part Number: 82001. $20 each with a lifetime warrenty. They are just a copy of a Monroe 5752. Hope that helps.