Register now to get rid of these ads!

What to do in LA this weekend????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rat deuce, Oct 28, 2011.

1. rat deuce

rat deuce

I decided to spend a little extra time here on the left coast after CHRR, already did the NHRA and Peterson museums. Any suggestions on things to do this weekend? Not interested in the usual Hollywood tourist stuff... I'm holed up in my LAX hotel room for four more days.

2. banditomerc

banditomerc

Go down to long beach to the queen Mary...its haunted you know.then walk over to the pike.there are clubs and comedy shows as well.

3. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

you could come with me to pick-a-part and help me fix the wife's previa! it's kind of a car thing!

4. Special Ed

Special Ed

5. rat deuce

rat deuce

Hey Twich, a PREVIA? if it's chopped or channeled -I'm in!
    Thanks

6. Walk around Venice Beach. Lots of sidewalk vendors and performers (kind of a freak show of sorts). I think you'd get a kick out of it. Some pretty talented skate boarders at the skate park there, a guy dressed like Jesus playing an electric guitar (w/battery powered amp) while cruising on homemade roller skates...........:D

7. rat deuce

rat deuce

Groucho wins! I just got back from the beach. walked my ass off. didn't realize how far I went and still had to walk back to the car. It was entertaining.saw the guy on skates playing guitar, bought some cool garage art. maybe Long beach tomorrow....

8. cgc1958

cgc1958
    Member Emeritus
    1. 1957-59 Ranchero's

9. hershambob

hershambob

go to huntington beach,lots of rod shops down metzler lane and samson lane off slater ave and papke on gothard is good for flathead stuff

10. 5_guy

5_guy
    from Upland, CA

If you have a way to get here, In Upland right off of Foothill Blvd (Route 66) theres a large Hot Rod/ Car show being put on today. It's at Memorial Park about 1 mile East of Euclid Blvd.

11. olpaul

olpaul

I second the Nethercutt Museum out in Sylmar. It's a little treasure.

12. olpaul

olpaul

Drive out to the Burbank Airport, and see if you can find Jay Leno's garage if you want to look around. He drives his stuff on Sunland Blvd. and San Fernando road near the airport, so his shop is nearby.

13. roughneck424

roughneck424

14. 28dreyer

28dreyer
    from Minnesota

A trip out to Duarte and the Justice Brothers (JB Products) museum is unique. Weekdays during business hours.

See if Lou Senters Offy powered roadster is still there.

15. rat deuce

rat deuce

Well I'm outa here tomorrow morning leaving sunshine for snow back home! went to the Queen Mary, Nethercutt and just had dinner at Pann's (sat in front of the old drag race pix on the wall) Will miss the weather but am going through Garage withdrawal-no machining or welding for two weeks,can't take much more! Thanks for the suggestions,I'll be back for the roadster show!

16. roughneck424

roughneck424

Did you notice one of those pictures was from one of the CHRR ?
    The owner of Pann's told me Roland Leong ( The Hawaiin ) and all his drag racing buddys would hang out in there back in the old days.

17. thats Harry Perry...hes been in venice forever.. he sells some rad shirts now days..

did you see "Art" he sells hand paint signs that say i dont give a fuck! ?

18. stromberg

stromberg

Long beach swap meet at veterans stadium is on sunday. Cool stuff out there.

19. take a walk around compton ! then go see Petersons its very cool