Register now to get rid of these ads!

vin location

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mike bourg, Oct 27, 2011.

1. mike bourg

mike bourg

Where would the vin number on a 59 chevy biscayne be located, other than on the door post, going to go look at one tomorrow and just want to be sure it is legal........

I am sure someone on here will have the answer, this is where I come for almost all of my answers on the cars.........

Mike B

2. squirrel

squirrel

the driver door hinge pillar should have the stainless tag spot welded on it, with the VIN stamped on it.

Most of the VIN will also be stamped on the top of the frame rail, under the driver seat, it's pretty hard to see! unless the floor is rotted away, or you have a lift and a mirror and some patience.

3. mike bourg

mike bourg

Thanks for the quick reply, I won`t be able to check that one, so hopefully the tag won`t be messed with.....

Mike B

4. locorider

locorider

VIN gotta be spotwelded on the pillar, watch out for JB welded VINS, and stay away from riveted ones. haha