Register now to get rid of these ads!

2nd NJ HAMB'ers USMC Toys for Tots

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BIG JOHN 37, Oct 17, 2011.

1. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

We know it might be a little bit early to start thinkin' about the Holidays, but we're only about 6 weeks out on this, the 2nd Annual NJ HAMB'ers USMC Toys for Tots Drive, hosted by Big John 37, Wayne Speed, and 40 Street Rod, Sunday December 4, 2011, at Wayne's Speed & Auto, 1938 Route 35 North, Sayreville, N.J., from 9 A.M. to 1 P.M. As it was last year, We'll buy the Coffee, and Donuts, you bring the New Unwrapped Toy to donate. Last year we threw this together at the last minute and still had 75 cars, and a couple hundred people to donate, and filled a Ford E350 Van front to back, top to bottom. This year we're hoping to fill a Deuce and a Half. The HAMB support last year was fantastic, with guys like Sixcarb, Louie, and Jay, leaving from Sussex County, 9 degrees out, and drivin' their Roadsters, no top, no heat, 2 hours each way! We're hopin' to double the turn out and donations. We do have the support of the local Constabulatory, who are gonna block off some streets for us. There will be representatives from the USMC there, last year 3 Marines in dress blues. We're working with Gunney D'andrea from the Metuchen office, who was very impressed with the "car people" last year. Hope we can really impress him this year. The Marines are also accepting Cash Donations, and we'll have a Contribution bucket out. The toys donated not only go to local children in need but also to the families of Marines who are serving, and have served, to make their Holidays better. Please note that this is a one day rain, or shine event, so if the weather is inclimate, we'll still be there to accept your donation. We'd prefer you drive your Hot Rod, Custom, Muscle Car, etc., but if you don't want to bring it out, drive your "daily", and come out to donate anyhow. Did I mention that noted Aluminum Can Shaper, Pat Pryor, will be there for a Demo, on Aluminum Can emptying? Looking forward to seeing you all!

2. WaynesSpeed

WaynesSpeed

Just for people that may use nav to get here. 1938 Route 35, South Amboy NJ. It's the corner of Rt. 35 and 10th St.

The Pat Pryor demos will be every 15 minutes from 9am to 1pm.

3. 57JoeFoMoPar

57JoeFoMoPar

I was just talking about this over the weekend. What an awesome event, I'm totally in for this

4. speedyg948

speedyg948

the misses and i will be there rain or shine!

5. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

6. Cleveland Coupe

Cleveland Coupe

The northern jersey boys will be there, looking forward to warmer temps this year !!!

7. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

I'm sure D ROD and I will be there. BTW, Pryor must be multi-talented, I've seen him do the same demonstrations on Glass bottles too !

8. scarylarry

scarylarry

You've started a new tradition!

9. Flat Power

Flat Power
    from New Jersey

It is not a real h.a.m.b thread without mentioning that Pryor guy huh?

10. well be there again

11. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Toys for Tots, Im all in!

Pryor you bringin the jelly doughnuts?

12. flatheadz-forever

flatheadz-forever
    from new jersey

13. cowboy1

cowboy1
    from Austin TX

My wife and I will be there again! Not with the Plymouth but the daily driver :-(

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  14. Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

Get in touch with the Wounded Warriors folks -- bet they've got folks who'd love to be there!

Post a PayPal link for those of us just tooo far away.;)

15. famdoc3

famdoc3

Johnny expect to see you there. Hopefully the weather will support the T'bird being there as you well know my bad weather rod is in pieces in the basement.

16. So John, how about turning up the thermostat a bit this year. I had a great time last year and looking forward to this year's festivities, but damn it was cold. Hey, there's always gotta be whiner in the group.....

17. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

Every time that you think you're gettin' cold, Dave, think about those No. Jersey Roadster guys! How 'bout it Jersey, who else is in?

18. rld14

rld14

I'm in.

If I have to put snow tires on one of the cars I'm in. I've always supported Toys for Tots.

And any chance to see your car John is worth it anyways!

19. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

ill be makin the doughnut holes ;) u bringin the i pad?

20. jamn47

jamn47

Hey Bri, I'll try to make it. Truck is almost done. Pulled the Big Block for dad's Deuce project, 92 H.O. 5.0 Roller motor almost finished. I have to work that day again, but will try to stop by to support the cause. Thanks again for your help with the parts! Went with 289 Hipo manifolds, they fit better than the tube headers for sure.

Attached Files:

• 302.jpg
      302.jpg
      File size:
      112.1 KB
      Views:
  21. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

I hope Mel is coming with lots of toys.

22. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

Only about a month out now. Remember, this is for a GREAT cause. The Toys donated not only go to needy families, but also to the children of people currently serving in the Middle East, who might not have a good Holiday otherwise. Also, we have been told by our local USMC rep. that we work with that they will accept Cash donations, to turn into Food, Clothes, etc. We currently have a Donation Bucket up at the Location, and people have been very generous thus far. Please help us help the program. So c'mon out, on the 4th of December. Where are you, NJ,NY, Penna., Del., Md., all? Role call, sound off, 1,2, -1,2,3,4!
    OO-Rah!

23. WaynesSpeed

WaynesSpeed

24. 38jon

38jon
    from York,PA

I told momma I'm going to NJ on Dec. 4. I'll see you guys there.

25. BIG JOHN 37

BIG JOHN 37
    from central NJ

On this day, the 236th Anniversary of the founding of the United States Marine Corps, a reminder that YOU can come out to support the USMC Toys for Tots Program with us on December 4th, as outlined. We are counting on our "car friends" to make even a better/larger contribution this year, our 2nd! Christmas Wish books, from Toys R Us, Target, Walmart, etc., for Toys are already out, so remember to support us by bringing a new, unwrapped toy to this get together. Remember only 4 hours on a Sunday morning, we'll have the Coffee, and Donuts there for you, on us. Lastly, a reminder that this is a "rain or shine" event, if the weather is not good we'll still be there, so if you don't want to drive your pride and joy, c'mon out in your daily, but with a donation to support the USMC, and the Toys for Tots program, and the many children it supports. Thanks, for your help, and support. 40 Street Rod, Waynes Speed, and Big John.

26. thebronc4019

thebronc4019
    from New Jersey

Hope it is warmer than last year but, none the less, I will be there again.

27. wagoon78

wagoon78
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I hope to make the drive up. See ya there.

28. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

Car wont be running but ill def try and make it!

29. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Missed it last year but not this time..A good event..See you there!

30. WaynesSpeed

WaynesSpeed

The buzz around the shop is sounding really good for us, should be a great turnout. Customers are being very generous with donations already.