Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 Caddy 331

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PureC4, Nov 1, 2011.

1. PureC4

PureC4

Putting together a 54 Chevy 3100 pickup, looking to build a gasser style driver. The previous owner swapped in a 235 six out of a 60's Impala. I'm wondering about a 331 I came across as maybe more of a period correct looking motor, not that it's that big a deal to me; but thought the Caddy motor might spark more interest. This is a budget, first time build. The truck came to me on a trailer with parts in three pickup beds. So I have a BIG model car without the box and instructions :eek:. So would this be a good thing or a big $$$$$$$ thing to think of doing? Cause big money is not in the picture.
    Thanks for your input
    Greg

2. PureC4

PureC4

Had that feeling after more research, trans adpt kits are in the 700.00 range alone!:eek: not good, looks like straight six for a while unless someone knows of a much cheaper source.
    Thanks

3. funny you mention this, I'm just finishing up a 54 GMC with a 331 Cadillac hookedto the original grannie geared 4 speed. (good luck finding that adapter)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  4. RamblerClassic

RamblerClassic

If you can find a decent running caddie for a reasonable price ($700 with trans?) then i would use that, if not the keep the 235 or put in a big beefy Oldsmobile.