Register now to get rid of these ads!

Whats your favorite music to cruise to?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DMFB, Jul 21, 2009.

1. 59bones

59bones
    from Illinois

ZZTop (just saw another great show!)
    Hank III
    Rory Gallagher
    Havana 3 am (only 1 album but damn good)
    Richard Thompson
    J J Cale
    David Allen Coe
    Johnny Cash
    Joe Ely
    Clash
    Bob Marley

2. regis philban's christmas album

3. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

Yep, that's right up there with Slim Whitman's favorite hit's. :D:D

4. outlaw256

outlaw256

well my 8 track took a shit on me so i lost some good music but my cassette is in now and im listening to zz top leon russell,steppenwolf,will im on the interstate but when doing the slow cruz i like the beach boys, dion,wanderers jan and dean.you guys know they dont make 8 track or cassettes anymore?ill be damn.

5. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

Lawrence Welk, it puts me right to sleep, great for a long drive :rolleyes:

6. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Disco, Donna Summer, 80's dance......it keeps my bootie boogering and great for a work atmosphere to get stuff done.

7. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

Slim Whitman quite the guy, has a home near St. Augustine, Fl. (Palatka?) and is a big hit in England and surrounding countrys.

8. As Elwood Blues would say: "...a cop motor. A four hundred and forty cubic inch plant." THAT'S music!!!

About 7 or 8 years ago, I spent a lot of time in one of the cars installing a new radio, speakers, wiring it all up nice and pretty, and have turned it on a total of about three times while I've been driving the car! :) The big block, the mufflers, and the road make just the right kind of music in there. Even the wife agrees.

In the Bluesmobile we listen to satellite radio and it's usually on BB King's Bluesville, of course.

9. THAT stuff I can listen to. But I swear that if I hear "Mustang Sally" ONE more time...

10. Gomojo55

Gomojo55

11. I may be old But I love to rock out hard! :D Makes the loud pedal hit the floor a lil easier.

12. rrayne

rrayne

im 33 for some f'n reason im stuck in the 50's. not sure why. ive tried to escape it. surround myself with new cars, clothes, music, etc... stop reading the h.a.m.b., sell the hotrod, then the next thing you know im out eating or shopping and it never fails. oldies are playing on the over head speakers. then as soon as i get home i got dion or jerry lee turned all the way up, im reading the h.a.m.b. like i am now and looking for another rod to build. so to make a long story short. 50's and early 60's for me. rock n roll, doo wop, country and the blues. depending on the day, time and who is with me but ever type has a good tune to cruise to. i guess i better get to looking for some vintage tin. im getting depressed with no rod to drive. so for now ill be just listening to the music while i clean out the garage, find all the tools, put up the old neon clock, plug in the 54' "icebox" and start building.

13. toml24

toml24

The greatest years for music were 1959-1963. Rock & Roll, Folk, Country-Western, Instrumental, Novelty, Beach music. Fill a CD with 255 songs from this era and the drive becomes a joy.

14. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

just the sound of the engine and wind while driving.

15. Loud pipes [ Don't need no stinkin radio]

16. bag

bag

Beach Boys and Buddy Holley.

17. fiftee6effie

fiftee6effie

I love early Boston!! Ya!!

18. 94hoghead

94hoghead

love me some Stevie Ray!

19. TOOL, Van Halen, early AC DC

20. Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  21. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

BLUEGRASS, Hard drivin banjo, mandeline and dobro!!!

22. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Willie & Lobo, gypsy jazz and John Mayer blues.

23. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

Brian setzer Orchestra, think the stray cats mixed with kick ass big band and swing, I recommend the dirty boogie album. If you like metal, Mettalica the "videos" album, it's also a good album for working with metal. It's the one with fuel,everything that it's about in one song. here's the video, pretty bad ass video too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDBLhdSy5t4

24. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

25. Six-Shooter

Six-Shooter
    from Ohio

Along with John Hiatt's tune "The Open Road" I like the sound of my engine, with no muffler - straight pipe exhaust, tires humming on the pavement, and the wind rushing over the windshield.

26. Sheep Dip

Sheep Dip
    from Central Ca

"Mars Attacks" 1996..the only thing that would kill the invaders was playing Slim Whitman's "Indian Love Call".... made their heads explode, great comedy for it's day. :D:D

27. Dragracer65

Dragracer65
    from Moore, Ok

700 lift cam and an 8/71 in my 66, or Link Wray!