Register now to get rid of these ads!

Charlotte NC Goodguys 2012(add photos here)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by motoandy, Oct 30, 2011.

1. 65 impala

65 impala

nice cars thanks for posting

2. fredmotorco

fredmotorco

Didn't get to walk around as much as I would have liked and didn't get to meet all the people I wanted to but all in all it was a good show. Maybe one day I'll make it to an Iron Lords event. My good friends non HAMB friendly '50 Chevy won Builders Choice and Street Rodder top 100 awards so I wound up photo documenting the experience for him. It looked ominous when we arrived Saturday morning but it turned out great.

Attached Files:

3. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

A little late... here are a few more pix from Charlotte. The trip up from Tampa was great until an hour or so before I got there, when the 27's auto tranny started to overheat and spew massively from the vent. I made it to Charlotte and the show, but did little else during the weekend but creep around, see what I could (also missed my banked track time and the Iron Lord's open house) and seek advice. It would seem the problem was that we decided the tranny didn't need a cooler given the car was so light and we also installed one of those deep pans with the cooling tubes... har har. I got one installed at Fat Man's on Monday and made it back home that evening no sweat. I met some nice folks, saw a lot of interesting cars and can't wait to get back up there again and get to see more sights. For me, the red / white checkered firewall gets my nod for the firewall of the year and that WIP speedster was just amazing. I hope he sold it or attracted a buyer that wants to finish it. I even got to take pix of Clark's old Sport Coupe next to the 27. Love that coupe. Later, Gary

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011
  4. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

A few more. I got to meet Curt (dodored) and see his pickup and before I left on Saturday, I snuck up on pit lane and parked at the head of the line of show trucks (after they were judged) - with the 27 covered with rain spots, a light spattering of mud and dripping ATF. Yee Haw! Gary

Attached Files:

5. tattooed soul

tattooed soul

If he got someone to pay what he wanted for that speedstar than I am that guys number one fan... 80 thousand is a little more than what i would give haha

6. fleet-master

fleet-master

any more pics of the black 41 chev coupe? love it

7. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

8. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Thanks for all the great photos Fellers....looks like it was a good time !!!

9. dodored

dodored
    from Concord NC

Gary,
    Thanks for the photos - You know that you are always welcome here in Charlotte! All the best from me and my pals @ the Iron Lords!

10. bradshaw

bradshaw
    from ontario

Thanks for the Pictures Guys...

11. fleet-master

fleet-master

hey thanks Flat foot!! that 41 chev really nails it i reckon

12. dmc3113

dmc3113

Are you confusing this Willys with the Gene Cromer owned A/G "Moonlighter" that raced out of Anderson, SC? Not the same car. Gene still owns his car. I think this car is from Columbia, SC. I don't it has ever been a racer.

13. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

No I'm not getting anything confused. The Willys was a Spartanburg car I know where it was found and I also know who restored it to what you see today. The guy that owns it now bought it from him.