Register now to get rid of these ads!

Four doors were cool too!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stratocaster, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

This crap again? :D

2. dmikulec

dmikulec

Well, there ya go. Back when I was in high school, late 70s, I was more of a nerd (electronics and computers) and far from being cool. :cool: Among my small circle of friends just having your own car got you plenty of cred, regardless of how many doors it had. ;)

3. I had a pogo-stick when I was in highschool. No one mentioned if it was cool or not but it was fun.

On has to admit that a 4 door was certainly more cool than a bicycle and when you went to pic up that special girl the parents probably were way more comfortable than if you showed up in an Econoline.

4. Flamingo_57

Flamingo_57
    BANNED
    from Rolla mo.

I like 4drs and 2drs. I'm a little partial to 2drs but if it looks cool I don't give a shit how many doors it has. There are some body styles that I would rather have in a 4dr. It all comes down to what flows to me.

5. Jimmy2car

Jimmy2car
    from No. Cal

4 doors are NOT cool. Never have been and NEVER will be. Unless it's a wagon. No, they suck too

6. Larry T

Larry T

That probably wasn't very cool either. :)
    Larry T

7. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Most two doors are worth more and four doors are more convenient.........go figure.

8. You are trying desperatley to rewrite history. You can disagree all you want but it doesn't change anything. A lot of guys had them but that didn't make them cool. Take it from someone who's first car was a '64 Olds Dynamic 88 4-door.

You can put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig.

4-doors are probably cooler now that they ever were. I've seen some pretty nice ones...maybe even a couple I might want to own.

That being said, an old 4-door is still cooler than a new 2-door...mostly.

9. cheveey57

cheveey57

There are not to many 4 door cars that would NOT be cooler as a 2 door. There are a handful but that's about it.

10. I'm still waiting for the thread that tries to convince people 2 door cars were cool..not going to happen, because it's a known fact.

11. Flamingo_57

Flamingo_57
    BANNED
    from Rolla mo.

12. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

It's based on "Family car" stygma. Why drive what everyone else was driving, if you could have something different and kooler? I like 2 doors over 4 doors, but I like 4 doors too - they are ALL time machines.
    I have a 4 door for financial reasons but see the value: My kids can get in and out, and it's a different roof line from what everyone else has. And I get to prove not everything was a 2dr htp or a convertible! LOL

13. Blackmaria60

Blackmaria60

You can tell who the kids are on here, talkin' smack. I don't plan on hotrodding or kustomizing my '55 Chevy that I got this weekend, just a resto and an enjoyment. All the fun is going on the '60 Olds.
    This isn't 1956. Or 1978. These days, getting a Tri-Five is almost prohibitive for folks like me. Mine is a 4 door....but it's STILL a '55 Chevy! Would I rather have a 2 door sedan? YES! But for now, I'm happy.

14. Jack60

Jack60
    from Maryland

Had 4 doors and 2 doors, when I was 16 my brother-in-law had a 57 Olds 4 door H/T, now that is a good looking 4 door. I think 4 door H/T are good looking........
    I have a 4 door 62 Impala my grandparents bought new and that's why I still have it, off the road now but was used a lot......:D

Attached Files:

15. davidwilson

davidwilson
    from Tennessee

guess nobody remembers the "tiajuana taxi"!!!!! gapp & roush maverick - yeh, 4 doors

16. VonKool13

VonKool13

Buy what you like, and I personally don't mind 4 door cars and even owned some, BUT the necessity of having wheels does not make the car inheritantly "cool".

17. VonKool13

VonKool13

That being said, an old 4-door is still cooler than a new 2-door...mostly.[/QUOTE]

For the most part I agree, but I think I would rather have a brand new Camaro or Challenger over just about any "cool" old 4 door.(unless it's a 32' or 34')

18. fryguy

fryguy

Ha Ha . . .Poser

So, if you put the word Cool/Kool in your handle, does it make it so ?:rolleyes:

19. screwball

screwball

I have had both never ran down the 4 door crowd back in the 80s I had A 1966 CHEVY II wagon and used to get bugged by the (ARNT WE COOL 2 door types) I now have a thick skin and really dont care what others think of my cars. I will never build for anyone else but me and if any of the immature thats not the in kool thing kids start up I just look at them and politely turn the other cheek and shrug. Build what you want or what you can never let anyone stand in your way COOL is only a word and has as many interpretations as there are people wanting to give you there opinions.

20. fryguy

fryguy

Its funny how most sayings go "no 4drs are cool, period" Oh, unless its this model, or it if its this year and model(insert your favorite here).

Ha Ha.

21. customcory

customcory

Lowriders think 4 doors are cool.

22. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

You can all say what you want about 2 doors or 4 doors, but I am diggin my 5 door!

23. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

There have been some awe- inspiring 4 doors over the years. I like hot rods and customs. I started with a 4 door -I was a broke kid and a-holes that had been around longer would always take jabs at my car at the shows. they had experience , some money, and a 2 door . Little else though, always thought that was some punkass stuff.

24. I grew up in the 50's. 4 doors was not cool! Thank God even my Dad's car had 2 doors.

25. Larry T

Larry T

Did they do it to be cool? Don't think so. Did they do it to bend the rules? Yep, and that is kinda cool in it's own way.
    Larry T

26. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Never owned a 4 door and never will.

27. phat rat

phat rat

Never were, never will be

Attached Files:

28. Special Ed

Special Ed

Yeah, we noticed that the FIRST time you posted that same photo on this thread several months ago... :cool:

29. I`d drive a more door as a daily but I wouldn`t put any money in it. Kinda like putting a $100 saddle on a $10 horse

30. dmikulec

dmikulec

Oh me, oh my. Nobody thinks my mordor is cool. I'm crushed. Just absolutely crushed I tell ya.

That's what I get for not asking the "cool kids" what they thought before I bought it.:D :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.