Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Fellow Hot Rodders

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deadly, Oct 23, 2011.

1. deadly

deadly
    from surrey,uk

Travelling to New York tomorrow, bought one gourgous toy, then flying the following day to Klamath falls bought another toy.Me and my partner are then driving that one to Houston in Texas. Would be wonderful to meet up with any fellow rodders or workshops on route just to say hi, my club is surrey street rodders we host a Hot Rod car show called wheels day in the UK. And would be great to meet light-minded rodders.
    My name is Derek Drinkwater and my partner in crime is Pat.
    If anyone knows of any places we should stop and go to on the way, we will be checking the computer when we can, and will also leave a phone number at some point.
    Thank you

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  2. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

What kind of job do you have?

3. deadly

deadly
    from surrey,uk

in the summer we do mobile catering at car shows in the UK & in the winter we work on the cars & trucks. we use our american vehicles to tow the food units. our website is www.drinkwaters.co where there are some pictures of the trucks

4. butch27

butch27

Looks like it might snow in N.Y. ?

5. deadly

deadly
    from surrey,uk

Yep-luckily we left before the snow to go to the west coast-its sunny in oregon at least!

6. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Yeah it was sunny yesterday here! Predicting rain and 58 today! Don't know much about K Falls, it's on the other end of the state from me!

7. beauishere

beauishere

Checked out your website. That firetruck bar is terrific. Have fun in the US.

8. deadly

deadly
    from surrey,uk

Thanks,
    its going well so far! if we get this Peterbilt home, we're thinking of building a trailer shaped like a tanker (like the film Duel) & selling steaks....a beer or two & a steak sandwich-great combo!

9. When do you plan to arrive in Houston? I work on the west side off Westheimer.

10. deadly

deadly
    from surrey,uk

hoping to get there around monday or tuesday of next week....so far though we have had a few hitches on the way... is the swop meet in conway worth a visit?

11. texoutsider

texoutsider
    from Frisco, Tx

Will you be in Houston on the weekend of the 11th?...........NMCA race there and we will be racing in NSS with our ole Red Galaxie...

Mark

12. lordairgtar

lordairgtar

Love your sight. Friend of mine has a fire truck like yours off an Indian Reservation that he DJs car shows from.

13. It's Conroe, not Conway I think you are referring to.

Montgomery County Fairgrounds
    9055 Airport Road
    Conroe, Texas 77303

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=633272

14. Not likely you will be passing by this way, I-80 and I-70 are a crap shoot this time of year.

But if by chance you do you are welcome to pass by and visit.

Safe trip
    Benno

Oh yea I am in the Kansas City Metro

15. deadly

deadly
    from surrey,uk

fraid we're going home on the 10th-shame to miss that. The Galaxie looks hot! I have one at home....but some of it is on one wall & some on another- one of those projects i keep meaning to start! :)

16. deadly

deadly
    from surrey,uk

Thanks-it is a great hit at the car shows at home-sells a good pint too!

17. deadly

deadly
    from surrey,uk

never know where we'll end up!

18. deadly

deadly
    from surrey,uk

hoping to get there sunday-so far we've had 3 broken fan belts, snow, frozen air lines, cracked compressor, stack came loose, 2 fuel blockages, stopped by police......BRING IT ON!!! Only about 700 miles to go, but the old Pete is not too quick