Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects R. Seghi's 55 Chevy gasser build.

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Kiwi Kev, Jul 19, 2011.

1. CalGasser

CalGasser

Well shit man, we gonna miss you! :eek:

2. Retrorod

Retrorod

Nice car...nice work.

As usual!

3. I'll go, call me.

4. Back to Kevins today to install a '64 Pont. Rearend and '64 Pont. Grand Prix bucket seats.
    Bitchin' ........

5. DLHCC

DLHCC
    from Manitoba

Looks great , really nice bead .

6. Yes Kevin does amazing work. Went and looked at the car today. The Rearend and the Ladder Bars are installed and Kevin was welding when I left. It will be done soon, and that's all we can say. An artist can't be rushed.

7. Went and visited my car today at Kevins. Car looks BITCHIN'. Seats are in. Olds. rearend and Ladder Bars are in. I need to buy some 15x10 Chrome Reverse wheels with a 5" bolt pattern 0 offset. Anybody have some for sale? Or where do I go to order them?

8. Paul Y

Paul Y

You could always get some Chevy ones and use some adapters.....

Hold on....

Really good to see it going back together, looking forward to the finished pictures.

P.:D

9. go read - r. Seghi has a bad day - and you'll see why i will never use a wheel adapter or spacer again.

10. Paul Y

Paul Y

Mr Seghi,

It was my lame excuse of a joke at 5.34am, I have been following your story from the start.

Just goes to show that something good can come out of a disaster.

How much longer until it is finished do you think?

P.

11. Yeah that was pretty lame. Give it about a week. There is an issue with the motor being crooked an inch and the seat backs are too upright for me so Kevin will need some more time to address those issues.

12. Muttley

Muttley

Call Rally America and ask for Jimmy.

13. Just use a 15x6 Ford wheel (5 on 4 1/2). Just use a Pontiac to Chevy adapter, then a Chevy to Ford adapter, then a 1" spacer...and the 15x6 Ford wheel should be right where you want it. LMAO:D:p:eek:

14. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

I'd like to be still alive to see this thing finished. ;)

15. Don't be jealous Johnny just 'cause my car looks better then yours.

16. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Your missing the butt of the joke. If you F'up another 1/4 it will be just that much longer ;):D. Jealous? by no mean's. Mine's not finished and it's in magazines in Europe, Books in the US, Hell even You Tube. Don't be Jealous Robert :p.

17. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

Going to be a bad mofo!!!;)

18. SOLO

SOLO

Looks killer!

19. WHOO JOHNNY, YOU TUBE AND EUROPE? WOW JOHNNY YOUR THE MAN HEHEHEH

I'm not missing any joke. I just think it's pretty lame that you would say that my build is taking too long KNOWING that I'm a disabled Veteran on a fixed income.
    You want it faster? You pay for it. Otherwise just calm down. It'll be done when I can afford it. And I'm not going to rush it just to please somebody that has no bearing on my life as it is.
    Are you getting the brunt of MY joke now Johnny?

20. Thank You Joe

21. Thank You Solo

22. maddog1949

maddog1949

23. Yeah I'm very happy with it MADDOG. Thx.

24. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Sorry Robert that info about you was never told to me by you or anyone that I know that knows you. All that I do know is that you make it a point to say that the car will never come out tell it's done. And as I've told you many time's, why? Enjoy it how it is. Who care's if it's not done, I don't!, and great many more others would say the same. But your reply is always the same, "No, I want it done because I want it in the Magazines". Maybe this can clear things up as to where I'm coming from. As Don Rickles say's "I kid, because I love" John

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  25. That's being as real poor sport

I was reluctant to jump in here...but I just can't take the bullshit any longer. It's kind of offensive to play that "card" with all the Vets that are truly disabled. Yeah, yeah, I know you hurt your knee in the Army. But, from knowing you for some time now, I know you were hit on your motorcycle, on a city street, right here in the USA, and THAT'S what's the cause of the bulk of your pain today. Also, I could retire on your fixed income. Your supposed disable doesn't prevent you from dismantling dozens of cars over the years. Spend that same energy putting just ONE together is all you should focus on. Another thing you might look at is Johnnie Gee does a lot of his own work on his 56 and it's a pretty nice car. Keep that in mind when you tell us all here about your 55 going to Kevin's for the "axle" and to Ray's for painting the roll bar, and back to Kevin's to install the rear end. Before you get all defensive, please consider my words. They are only meant to help guide you more towards finishing something, than bashing someone who's an asset to our hobby.;)
    Oinksters for lunch?

26. vncruiser

vncruiser
    BANNED

Available at Pep Boys..:D

27. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

being stuck in a wheel chair
    i have a full time crew getting my A ready to race......

photo crew at work installing Mike's trans brake th350......

Attached Files:

28. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Groucho, You've made your point. So lets just let things lay where they are. I'm cool with it. We don't need to get this thread tossed as well.

29. Just waiting for people to finish the things that I can't do like paint or weld. I'm a good wrench. But even that depends on how well I can get around that day. And yes the knee that I hurt in the Army hurts me the most so that's what I meant.
    So enough said.

30. Retrorod

Retrorod

...with all that out of the way, the car is nice Ron.