Register now to get rid of these ads!

Rocket Enj.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by burninbilly, Oct 30, 2011.

1. burninbilly

burninbilly

Hey fello rod heads

I have a question about the famed olds rocket engine.I did some bush diggin and found a complete rocket engine sittin in the elements,the engine is complete less carb.My question is this engine worth trying to get in my collection or is it shot.It sits in a car that is well not much,worth the time cuttin trail in to get out this engine to rebuild.:confused:

2. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

What year? How long has it been exposed to the weather? Is it full of water and seized up?

3. burninbilly

burninbilly

dont know the year i will find out more next time im there,even seized could it not be unseized? intake is open to elements via carb missing

4. Dave50

Dave50

Pole a hole in oil pan if water comes out leave it really hard to say without checking thongs out

5. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

If it's been sitting like that with no carb for several years, and gone through several winters, I'm sure that it's had ample opportunity to freeze and crack.

6. burnin53

burnin53
    from cuba,n.y.

If it had a hood over it you might save it. If not,maybe some parts are salvagable,heads,etc.

7. CGkidd

CGkidd

If its been sitting out in the elements good luck. These blocks are pretty durable but not that durable.