Register now to get rid of these ads!

Air ride on a Galaxie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Squatch, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Squatch

Squatch

Ok. I put shockwaves on the front and Cool ride on the back of my wagon a couple years ago. Looking for pictures or ideas on replacing the back... It's a little too "floaty" if that's a word, when you take out leaves...

Air bar is just too expensive and not necessary when you can fab things up yourself... Plus I believe it requires extra step like cutting the floor on a wagon...

unequal arms, 4 links, what have you done?

2. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

I built a triangulated 4-link for my '62 Mercury Monterey Wagon (same chassis as your Galaxie). I used the original spring mounts for the outside links. The Firestone sleeve bags in the pic have been replaced with Slam Specialties RE-6. It uses the original shocks and shock mounts (not mounted in the picture). Some slight modifications to the floor were needed, behind the rear seat for the forward inner links, and a pocket for the bags under the false floor in front of the spare tire. This wasn't a big deal for me since I am doing a frame off build, but might be a bit more trouble for someone else with a completed car. Hopefully this gives you some ideas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  3. Spanish Fly

Spanish Fly

look sweet thanks for pic

4. ricktard

ricktard
    from spokane

thats sick lookin dude

5. fakesnake.com

fakesnake.com

here's a pic of my 61 Ford Wagon chasis. 4 link set up with firestone double billow bags. Bags aren't in the pic which is why you see a rod in place of where the bags go. Used stock shock mounts on top.

[​IMG]

6. Squatch

Squatch

Thanks guys! That was exactly what I was looking for.. Ask and ye shall receive, right?

7. Squatch

Squatch

BTW.. My pinion snubber hits when slammed pretty good... If the rubber isn't in good shape, the driveshaft hits the tunnel... Got some poly mounts I use now. I think that it rubs a spot on the floor. Are you guys modifying the floor?

8. lgh1157

lgh1157

9. lgh1157

lgh1157