Register now to get rid of these ads!

What is The Hot Rod/Classic car scene Like in countries besides the U.S.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MISFIT 1, Oct 29, 2011.

1. MISFIT 1

MISFIT 1
    BANNED

I saw a patch the other day from a Car Club in London which got me thinking about the car scene in other countries. Are there Betties? and what in your country is the most popular Hot Rod, Street Rod or Classic? Pics are greatly appreciated!

2. RussTee

RussTee

Do a search for NZ hotrod mag there is a huge following of American style hotrods in New Zealand also a huge following of vintage and veteran cars.

3. MISFIT 1

MISFIT 1
    BANNED

Cool! Checking Right now Thanks!
    Lets hear from Some other Rodders.

4. yup new zealand has a very strong following check out this on line mag gives you a bunch of pictures etc.

http://www.vzine.co.nz/

cheers Dylan

5. MISFIT 1

MISFIT 1
    BANNED

I have bookmarked That sight and watched a couple of the vidS
    Looks Like a great sight. Thanks

6. roughneck424

roughneck424

Wait till the Swede's chime in here!!!!
    Them guys have it going on!!!
    When they are cruisng all the passengers can drink beer! Just the driver has to stay sober...
    Then they have the long winters to do the outstanding work they are known for.
    Here's a little taste http://www.bigmeet.com/

7. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

You have obviously not been following the hot rodding adventures of CuznBrucie........give this a try......guaranteed one of the best and most fun hot rod weekends I have ever spent:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=616499

Ride along with me.......these guys really know how to do *traditional* hot rodding.......

CB

<table><tbody><tr><td valign="top" width="80">
    </td><td width="400">
    </td></tr></tbody></table>

8. Sauli

Sauli

What "Roughneck" said...I´m not a Swede but by what I´ve seen for my own eyes visiting Sweden over the years I would say they´ve probably got the largest concentration of vintage American "tin" going anywhere outside the US. The best part is, they´ve always been strong on the full-size "flagship" ´50s cars, long before they became "popular" in the US in fact, so that especially is something You´d see a lot of preserved out there.

9. New Zealand has a population of 4 million, and Beach Hop, which is NZ's biggest event, gets around 2000 cars with all the unofficial and official entries. Google Beach Hop to see what it's about. Another great event is the BlowOut. Dunno the numbers, but it's a lot. This is a Hamb type event. All traditional, none of that billet crap.
    We are a bit like Sweden in that the American car scene is huge here, both hotrods and 50s/60s cars. We also have a fair number of Australian built muscle cars, Falcons, Valiants and Holdens.
    However, the majority of young guys (say, under 30) are into rice rockets so the hot-rodding scene here is predominantly middle aged plus.

10. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Very small scene in South Africa, and until recently somewhat insular, ill-informed, self-congratulatory, and with a tendency to latch onto odd misconceptions and cling to them stubbornly. The local history doesn't go back much further than the '60s/'70s. Events are likewise small and wildly eclectic, mainly latched onto classic car events.

I say "until recently" because I do see a bit of new movement: but it is a small component of a small scene. There are a few perceptual issues keeping it from growing like the tuner scene, which is huge here.

11. there is a few of us bassman lol

12. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

I have great coverage coming out on my next DVD from Norway, Sweden and Finland..

Those guys are RULING out in Europe.. and Japan... Check out Local Hero here on the HAMB..

13. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Holy Crap I just relized who I was talking too... Whats going on buddy its Piero!!!