Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Snow Already!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oj, Oct 29, 2011.

1. oj

oj

It is snowing like crazy this morning, that wet heavy stuff perfect for snowballs, falling tree limbs and downing power lines. We are supposed to get 3-5" and maybe up to 10"! And this is Virginia! Already the rollbacks are running into the for-hire snow plows, there isn't a loaf of bread left for sale in a 300mile radius and the only movie left at Video Den is 'The Return of Pippi Longstocking'. What a mess! Anybody else getting snow?

2. RHunt

RHunt

supposed to get 6" in massachusetts today, i'm getting married tomorrow, guess i should go put some chains on the shoebox. i'm sure it's seen plenty of snow in it's life, should be an interesting ride.

3. csimonds

csimonds

Yeah, snow already on its way to CT. This is some Bullshit!
    Chuck

4. We should get a little, won't be too bad.........
    I think I have chains hanging in the garage, I don't think I will ever use those again. Have a good day Mr. Hunt..............

5. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

Wow that is not good, nice here in Ontario, maybe a ride in the Deuce later today...

6. SNOW???..what is snow??

7. edwardlloyd

edwardlloyd
    from Germany

Kinda like "The day after tomorrow"

oops

8. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

I hate it ! Oct, 30 Hot rod topped off with fuel & sta-bil,battery shut off,dry sheets in place and covered up ! 6 Months of Bullshit...At least you won't voted in at number 2 worst weather in the nation !

9. Haha, we're just cruising nicely into summer .......spring has sprung.....hotrodding season is here!
    Sorry boys, but we have to read about your summer rodding exploits while we freeze and get soaked in our May, June, July, August, Sept, crap weather.....:D Haha, .....our turn!

10. olcurmdgeon

olcurmdgeon

They say 5-10" of wet snow for our area with high winds. Given most trees still have leaves on them, should be a real mess. Hope it melts for the Thompson Swap Meet in CT next weekend.

11. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

Yea , the white stuff made a slight showing here in the mountains of Hillbillysville last night too , time to start my yearly pissing and moaning season , it usually ends around the last of April , just about the time the Spring Rod Run in Pigeon Forge kicks off....

12. big creep

big creep

yea its going to be 84 here today!

13. Sqeaky Hinge

Sqeaky Hinge

[​IMG]:D:D:D:D

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

I guess I need to bring in more wood for the wood stove. Snowballs for the trick or treaters should save on the candy expence.

15. outlaw256

outlaw256

damn and its not even nov. yet.but after this summer im kinda glad to be get cooler weather.but to go from record heat to snow ouch thats gotta hurt.seems like the weather is gettin crazier every year.

16. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

It's that white stuff that shuts your infrastructure down when you see an inch of it
    :D

17. big creep

big creep

<div style='width: 240px; height: 420px; background-image: url( http://vortex.accuweather.com/adcbin/netweather_v2/backgrounds/clouds_240x420_bg.jpg ); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-color: #;' ><div id='NetweatherContainer' style='height: 405px;' ><script src='http://netweather.accuweather.com/adcbin/netweather_v2/netweatherV2ex.asp?partner=netweather&tStyle=normal&logo=1&zipcode=91504&lang=eng&size=12&theme=clouds&metric=0&target=_self'></script></div><div style='text-align: center; font-family: arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 15px; color: #;' ><a style='font-size: 10px; color: #' href='http://www.accuweather.com/us/ca/burbank/91504/city-weather-forecast.asp?partner=accuweather' >Weather Forecast</a>*|*<a style='color: #' href='http://www.accuweather.com/maps-satellite.asp' >Weather Maps</a>*|*<a style='color: #' href='http://www.accuweather.com/index-radar.asp?partner=accuweather&zipcode=91504' >Weather Radar</a></div></div>;)

18. SlippinOnBy

SlippinOnBy
    from Denver

It just passed through the Rockies out here in Colorado. My favorite place in winter, Loveland Pass recieved a healthy 2' of snow in 48 hours and the parts of Denver got up to 12". Time to strap on a snowboard ...

19. twink

twink

We have a few inches here in Confluence Pa, Im not ready for this, But its supose to get nice again next week,And most of the car events are pretty well done for the season in our area, Just hate to think about heating cost over the next 5-months, Come on spring!

20. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

None here yet but it was 26* when I left for work yesterday and 33* today so I know it's not far off.

21. historynw

historynw

The totals keeping rising here its now 14 inches forcasted.....:eek: My awning guy just left he is in a rush to get down all those deck awnings. The canvas would have never held. Damn not even Thanksgiving yet.

I'm sure glad I spent last week cleaning up the rust and servicing my snowthower. I glad I found that the Sta-bil in the gas mix was bad (too much).:rolleyes:

22. We are in the 7 to 17 range here in southern Vt but I am setting in southern CA. and am missing it all! Ain't life great.

23. OLD BINDER

OLD BINDER

We got 4.5 inches of wet snow on thursday here in West texas, but no sign of it on the ground today.

24. You forgot..... Doing Doughnuts!

25. solidaxle

solidaxle
    from Upstate,NY

Where's Al Gore when you need him? It's too early for me and I like the winter.

26. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Yep, it's coming your way...compliments of ColoRODo...we got 8 inches of heavy wet snow on Tuesday/Wednesday, broke a lot of branches around here...downed power lines...mountains got anywhere from 18" to 2 feet...winter is upon us...time to put the car in the garage and fix what you neglected to all summer...here's what you can look forward to.

R-

[​IMG]

27. fleetside66

fleetside66

Well, with the chains clankin' away at the fenderwells, you won't have to tie on any tin cans to the back when you drive down the road with your bride. You'll be fine...good luck!

28. cederholm

cederholm

They're talking snow here in NYC later today - now it's just cold rain. ...and I had a shitload I wanted to do on the 53 today but it has to be done outside. Crap!

29. Here in Trinidad we got 6", 2 melted and 4 stuck on Thursday all gone today.

Lee

30. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Why is there no bread around there? What does that have to do with a little snowfall?