Register now to get rid of these ads!

Maxton Mile Meet Up

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 43gman, Sep 13, 2011.

1. 43gman

43gman
    from NC

Me and Bloody Knuckles have been talking about getting together for a meet up and to swap some lies. I’ve also wanted to see the Maxton Mile since I moved here six years ago.

We’re talking about meeting at the 1/2 way point for both of us: Maxton, NC. The track is running the last Saturday and Sunday of October. The ECTA says they're planning a blow out Saturday evening to celebrate the last waltz. BK and me are going to try to put a plan together for Saturday. Hopefully some of the other Iron Lords will be there. Any other HAMB hooligans are welcome to show up and hang. Since it is all about the people, "late model drivers" are okay, but bring your hot rod if you can! :D If you’re already planning on being there, let us know so we can look for you.

This is not only the last race at Maxton, (for the season,) but supposedly the last ever. http://www.ecta-lsr.com/ GA

2. We will be there with our Ron's Hobby Shop Lakester/Belly Tank & the VanBlarcom & Gilmore Roadster. Just look for the huge Motor Coach and you will find us...

3. FABRK8R

FABRK8R

The plan Man...

4. edweird

edweird

i'll be in this.yell at me!

Attached Files:

5. 43gman

43gman
    from NC

"The plan" is: my '33 may or may not be running; Iron Lords are committed to the GG in Charlotte, so won't be at Maxton. I'm going to try to show up either Friday or Saturday to see Ronnie make a couple of passes and hang out. I'll know a little better in a couple of weeks. We can still plan a meet and greet, even if its only a couple of us? Thanks for your replies. GA

6. We plan to be there.

7. zgears

zgears

I'm planing on going Saturday.

8. frank spittle

frank spittle

Bill Warner went down at over 200 mph yesterday at the Texas Mile so those who have been wondering if he will be at Maxton-not likely. He is in the hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Get well soon Bill.

9. Rivet

Rivet

Ill be there riding our partially faired turbo/nitrous BSA motorcycle.

Saturday night will be an event for sure, can't wait. Bill was in good spirits last I heard and really appreciates everyone's concern.

10. Still Runnin

Still Runnin
    from VA & FL

Bring the long John's, weather temps dropping ;)

11. Double Caddy

Double Caddy
    from virginia

Walmart is getting cleared out of there winter stuff. It will be qit nipply in the morning.I have my race car all inspected and READY to go.We also got the styrafoam cooler and drinks all ready to go in the trunk.I will be in a red altima with double caddy racing on the back window. I plan to have fun this weekend:D.

12. RidgeRunner

RidgeRunner
    from Western MA

You were certainly having fun when I caught up with you in staging after your first run!

Ed

13. Rivet

Rivet

I didn't get to take as many pictures as I'd like and the few I took where of bikes but here is a gorgeous Ford, stroked and bored over y block powered. Ran around 140mph I believe.

The flatty powered lakester ran over 160mph in a gnarly 17mph headwind that we had on Saturday!

Steve Van Blarcom's 'thacker and shine' roadster went 206, man I love the way that thing sounds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And we finally managed to break our Maxton curse, after four years of trying and a few over 150 mph runs at Loring with the best being 158mph, we broke into the 150's in the mile.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  14. Good for you Rivet! Nice looking Beeser!

15. Rivet

Rivet

Thanks brett!