Register now to get rid of these ads!

60 Falcon straight axle info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tcat55371, Oct 27, 2011.

1. tcat55371

tcat55371

Hey guys, just picked this up, traded my bucket for it. I'm wondering if any of you folks know anything about it. Got it in Chicago and it has a smallblock chevy motor, t10 transmission and chevy rearend.

John:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

Cool looking little falcon. Not lovin on the Quarter Panels however. They make great looking " gasser " style cars.

3. tcat55371

tcat55371

Yeah I dont like them either and almost didnt trade because of them. I picked up a set of front fenders and I am going to try and redo the rears with them and then tin the trunk back in.

john

4. Verminator

Verminator

the front fender curve works okay on the rear of a stock looking body, with small rear tires, but the rear sweep doesn't look right with the open gasser look. You want a nice round radius to match the bigger rear tires

5. outlaw256

outlaw256

always like them little falcons set up like that fix them back wheel wells and youll be good.me like it!!

6. Von Hartmann

Von Hartmann

I always thought a guy could cut up some old chevy pickup front fenders for a radius. They should offer plenty of room for a good size tire. The body lines might almost even be close. There are several of these in the junk yard just outside of town. Big dually trucks that nobody wants. I would think you could get some rough fenders to butcher pretty cheap.

Attached Files:

7. BrickTopp

BrickTopp

I used 71-73 mustang 1/4 patch panels and im happy with results. Almost match the front fenders to the T. Mines a 62 and I dont know how much the fender lips differ from a 61 but its an option.

8. tcat55371

tcat55371

Well my neighbor can make anything look good so I think we will give it a try. We can always change it I guess.