Register now to get rid of these ads!

Does anyone remember Tom Slick the cartoon?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by MISFIT 1, Oct 27, 2011.

1. MISFIT 1

MISFIT 1
    BANNED

I used to love watching Tom in his "THUNDERBOLT GREASESLAPPER"
    Anybody else remember?

2. DEEPNHOCK

DEEPNHOCK

3. von zipper

von zipper

Tom Slick! Da da da da!!!!!! Oh ya!

4. I sure remember it,that is where I got my nick-name.

5. MrFalcon62

MrFalcon62

i used to watch reruns of Tom Slick and Super Chicken all the time when i was a kid

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

7. Oh yeah, I remember. You must be old too! You got me thinking now. Anybody remember the Hot Wheels cartoon that was on every Saturday morning? That must have been about 1969-1971. If I remember correctly, the "bad" guys always seemed to drive a chopped Model A tudor.

8. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Fenerless tub, whats not to like?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CUtbhoYTHcI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. I forgot all about the HOT WHEELS one. Sat. Mornings where the best

10. eaglebeak

eaglebeak

I remember "Aaron Slick from Pumpkin Crik"

11. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I was wanting to name my first born "Tom Slick". Oh well to late now..
    Sorry Gotta go check out You Tube.

Happy Trails, Mick

12. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

He was petty cool. Spent a lot of Saturdays watching the Thunderbolt Greaseslapper in action.

These kids today, what with their Speed Racer and their cassette tapes. Pish Posh.

13. PRB

PRB
    from Az

"Super Chicken"?

14. Muttley

Muttley

When my daughter was little I used to tell her about Tom Slick, Super Chicken, Speed Buggy and The Wacky Racers all the time. She always thought I was making them up until YouTube came out and I showed them to her.

15. And his arch-enemy, Baron Otto Matick, I believe? And what about his girlfriend, Penelope Pitstop? Hubba-hubba!

Got to meet alcohol dragster driver Eldon P. Slick a couple of times; his father was a customer at our dealership and a bit of a gearhead himself. But the best part was that Eldon's younger brother was actually named Tom Slick. :cool: Don't get much better than that! :D

16. hotrodtodd1960

hotrodtodd1960

I think his gal was Merigold and the old lady mechanic was Gurtie , the other gal was from a different cartoon that i can't remember maybe wacky racers ?

17. slammed

slammed

18. SimonSez

SimonSez

Thanks!

I never watched that, but have wondered why this old New Zealand altered was called Tom Slick. Makes perfect sense now.

[​IMG]

19. You are correct, sir! Duly noted. :D So I should say, "How about that Marigold, hubba-hubba!" ;)

20. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

Yes I remember--but what year was it??

21. Ebert

Ebert

And I will not forget that he mentioned Muncie, IN as his hometown!!! I never knew why! Man, this ages my ass!

22. Aw, Crap! Me too! Then I segued into the entire length of Speed Racer and then went to Gigantor (no he wasn't racy, but he was a cool robot--talk about early anime). Now I can't make any of it stop or get it out of my head!! Oh well, hey, those were some good times in front of the TV...

23. YEP !!! Sure do.
    (See avatar...)

I got the "George of The Jungle" DVD set last year which includes all the Tom Slick and Super Chicken 'toons.

Anyone know where I can find Motor Mouse and Auto Cat on DVD???

Suddenly...It's 1970 again.....:D

Cheers,PJ

24. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

OH GOD...MAKE IT STOP...Duba duba duba...TOOOM SLICK....DUBA DUBA DUBA...TOOOM SLICK...DUBA DUBA...LET ME TELL YOU WHY...DUBA DUBA...
    The BEST cartoon EVER. What was Gurties full name? I remember Tom smashed up his Thunderbolt Grease slapper when it was converted for mono wheel racing, so Gurtie fried him up a monster doughnut so he could finish the race.

25. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Gurtie Growler.

26. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

I think I gotta' new nick name for my girlfriend.

27. OldTC

OldTC

I was a HUGE Tom Slick fan, my buddies back in '69 gave me that nickname.

I've got about 20 episodes of Wacky Races DVR-ed for every Saturday morning.

It just ain't Saturday without the races on TV, even if it's just for background noise.

As a matter of fact I've been wracking my brain for a name for my 27 T Coupe,...the "Thunderbolt Grease Slapper",.....by gosh it's perfect!!!

28. tin_indians

tin_indians

Girlfreinds name was definately Penelope Pitstop. I used to watch it Saturday morning too. And the villain..Wasn't that Dick Dastardly and his dog Muttly?
    Trying to remember the jingle for Super Chicken...I can only remember the last line or two,
    "Just bawwk for Super Chicken bawk bawk bawk bawk.....Bawwwk for Super Chicken,..Buukaaaak!" Wasn't his sidekik a lion or something?

29. JimA

JimA
    BANNED

Wrong Cartoon.

30. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Penelope Pitstop, Dick Dasterdly, and Mutley were all from Wacky Racers, not Tom Slick.
    Super Chickens side kick was named Fred. (Easy on the Super Sauce.)
    He will bring them in alive and kickin'. There is one thing you should learn when there is no where else to turn, just callll for Super Chicken....OH GOD, PLEASE MAKE IT STOP. I'll never get to sleep tonight.