Register now to get rid of these ads!

HAMB old skool restoration by Nevada prisoners

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by stevez, Oct 27, 2011.

1. stevez

stevez
    from nj

2. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

No better way to do time...............Thanks for posting

3. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

4. The prisons should watch the high profile car auctions and use the inmates to supliment income for the states, rather than private individuals that may or may not finish the project. You gotta spend a little to make a little.

5. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

a long way from just making license plates

6. well we do need to teach skills to these guys

7. sololobo

sololobo

Very cool, some dudes can come out with some experience and roll into the work force with less turn down rate. Nebraska no longer has cool raised letter metal license plates, I am fortunate that I can run old school license plates on my vintage ranchwagon. I love the idea about this, having something to look forward to the next day is big when you are in the joint and its mundane usual routine. HooRay!! ~sololobo~

8. Hyfire

Hyfire

Sounds like a good program. Imperial Palace used to have their cars restored by the prisons. That's back when they actually had good cars.

9. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Wow to think that a person like myself who does this for fun and has trouble finding the time to work on old cars(not just my own either) could just go to prison and get to learn the trade and get all the experience for free? I'm on the fence on how cool this really is. Hell why work hard and pay for school when you can steal a car and then go to jail and learn how to restore them? It just seems weird to me. Shouldn't they be doing work that benefits society more? I admit I just breezed through the article and should probably go back and read the whole thing maybe they are selling the cars to pay for charities and such I don't know..........

10. Road work like cool hand Luke maybe but this is something positive for them to do

11. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

No argument it is positive, that is a good thing. I was thinking more along the lines of assembling wheelchairs and stuff for the disabled or learning how to machine and build the parts. There is alot that goes into that sorta thing. Or building parks and stuff. Aw hell Im just jealous they get to build cars all day long I can admit it.:D:D:D

12. nefareous

nefareous
    from maryland

Maybe I should go to jail for a while...just to finish some of my "projects"

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Looks like this has the potential of actually coming out of prison with more skills/experience/ incentive than the usual sentence provides. I'm all for utilizing prisoners for positive purposes rather just getting a better education on how to break the law.

Frank

14. jerseymike

jerseymike

great, 10 million americans out of work so let's give work to murderers.