Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Photos! Moonshine Festival-Dawsonville, GA 10-23-11

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 390Merc, Oct 25, 2011.

1. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

Always wanted to go to this and finally made the decision I wasn't going to miss it this year, especially seeing how nice the weather was going to be last weekend. Definitely worth going to, as the Galaxie meet was there close by as well as the Georgia Racing Hall of Fame Museum show. It was like 3 very cool shows all in the same town!
    These are some of the cars as they lined up for the parade Saturday morning.

2. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

cool-thanks for sharing,
    i'm liking all of em! mostly the 3rd row.

3. butch27

butch27

4. SlowandLow51

SlowandLow51

Thanks for posting..did not get the chance to go this year...

5. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

6. chuxx

chuxx

Mighty fine! Did they have taste testing????

7. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Wow. There are some famous names on those cars. Are they restorations or clones? Loved the 50 with the wind wing fenders. Too bad there isn't a little track nearby the event, so these guys could dust it up a little. Thanx for posting these, Gary

8. damagedduck

damagedduck
    from Greeley Co

# 22 that 62 pumpjack--hell yeah!

9. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

There were more 38-40 Fords than I could count scattered throughout the festival in downtown Dawsonville! Hard to believe the first one pictured is still original paint. It was cool to talk with the wife of the previous owner of this car. Many more coupes could be found with black being the primary color of choice.

10. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

More examples of shine haulin' oriented Fords. Dennis Gauge interviewed the owner of the first one pictured, as it is real whiskey transporter with all the old suspension beef-up tricks and Caddy powered.

11. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

More Fords, especially 57's. Seemed most 57 Fords on hand on the 427 FE "upgrade"! I could have spent all day looking at these cars but there was much more to see. I'll post pics of the Galaxie show and the Georgia racing museum show in seperate threads later.

12. Rem

Rem

Some cool old hot rods that earned their keep! Thanks for the photos.

13. PUMPKINHEAD

PUMPKINHEAD

I got chills reading about the '39 and the '40. If those cars could talk.....

That shows on my to do list.

Thanks for sharing!

14. speedyb

speedyb
    from socal

Thanks, any galaxie photos ?

15. RDP

RDP
    from Kansas

The #16 '55 Chevy is my fav. Reminds me of when I was little, going to the local dirt track.

16. 390Merc

390Merc
    from Indiana

Galaxie photos will be posted in a seperate thread. In the meantime, these were actually in the festival itself.

17. Buckster

Buckster

I was told the count of Moonshine '39-'40 Fords was 62. There were two or three participants from Ohio this year.:)

18. greazy john

greazy john

the first 40 shine car is a good friend of mine, and its true original paint...also cad motor he just got it running wednesday and drove it from knoxville tn...cool show.lots of history
    GREAZY HUBCAPZ EAST TN

19. Hot Rod Elvis

Hot Rod Elvis

Who ever told you that is full of it:eek:I was there all three days as I work at the Hof and help up town. There was over 150 39 and 40's. Plus 830+ at the museum including the Galaxies. That's not including downtown either. I'll post my pictures tomorrow. I took lots.:D

20. ...looks like one of the coolest shows anywhere, thanks.

21. i agree. that was the funnest show that I had been to in a long,long time. I went down for Friday and Saturday. The most '39-'40s and '57s i've ever seen in one place. I even got a chance to have breakfast with the Grand Marshal Rex White-1960 Grand National Champion. He stayed at our hotel, and since he's from my hometown we had a lot to talk about. If you get a chance, make plans to go to Dawsonville next year. Its a beautiful part of the country as well.

22. I was there Friday & apparently a lot more cars came Saturday. I can't imagine where they put them all because they were nearly full Friday. The Food Lion Manager was having a fit then. May bring my '56 up next year but I'll stay in Gainesville, can't afford Dawsonville's hotel rates..

23. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

I seriously want to make this show one day.
    57 Fords with FE's......*drool*

24. Jeff, I got one of your tshirt designs while I was down there. The G.A.R.H.O.F.A. Heritage of Fame shirt, man you do great work!

25. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Thanks J.Wike!
    I have heard so many great things about this show.....I love the heritage stock car ideas and understated Moonshiner cars are the underpinnings of what a basis of a hotrod should be.
    Looks like a really good time!
    I would gladly help out this function..very,very cool.

26. JGore99

JGore99

I felt like the show was tremendously bigger this year than last. If you didn't go you sure missed out on some cool stuff. Try to make it next year!

27. billys54

billys54

28. primed34

primed34

Shine haulers couldn't be hot rods. Everyone knows that hot rods started in California. ;)

29. Great stuff, thanks.

30. Swede64

Swede64

Love this stuff. Thanks for the pics.