Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 Star Chief Owner

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 31bowtie, Jun 14, 2011.

1. 31bowtie

31bowtie
    from maine

Hi All!
    Name is Todd Emerson, and I live in Downeast Maine! Way Downeast! I am the proud owner of a 56 Star Chief which I am currently in the process of getting on the road. It has been great so far. Have found the project to be interesting and have learned a great deal along the way. Did not realize that the Pontiac V8 was the older brother of what became the Chevy small block. Also have been impressed with how these tri-fives have held up over the years. Glad to have the space in the 56. My other car is a 31 Chevy Pick-up which is rather small. And as I am not small it's kind of a tight squeeze. Hoping to converse with other Star Chief owners.

2. Now that is a proper intro.
    That will keep them happy.
    welcome from Ca.

3. Rugratman

Rugratman
    from Maryland

Pontiac man myself....Pics would be great.
    But....no 56 for me. I have a 67 GTO.

4. I'm from New Hampshire and my dad had a 56 Star Chief convertible. Wish we had that car now. Post some pics when you can and good luck with the project.

5. Marcia

Marcia

Welcome Todd!

Suede village.... I think I have been there.

You know Deano?

6. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

Welcome from Indy. Old Pontiacs are sweet!

7. Hello Todd. If there is anything you need help with, this is the right place for advise and abuse. I just sold my 56Starchief HT 2yrs ago and my 55 2DR a while before that. I miss them both. I still have my 57 and always will. I have all sorts of parts and stuff stashed in the garage. I'll will be sailing thru Maine next month. Best of luck with yours.
    Bil

8. 31bowtie

31bowtie
    from maine

Hi Marcia,
    Sure do know Deano1 We travel together quite a bit in the suede village!

9. 31bowtie

31bowtie
    from maine

Hi Bil,
    Thanks for the offer. I will be taking you up on it. Right now I am looking for a 55 front bumper. I like the look much more than the 56. I know it could be tough to find. But there is always hope.
    Todd

10. Hello and welcome aboard from central Iowa!

11. Marcia

Marcia

Suede Village, that's primer real estate!
    I've known dean and jane for years.

12. Deano

Deano

Hi Todd,
    Good to see you on the H.A.M.B. This place is a wealth of information and ideas.
    I check it out daily, just don't post much i hate to type. You make that Pontiac sound like it needs a lot of work. i think it goes fine, just needs some tires, and a hitch for that new camper. Oh and a trip to your local pinstriper to put some lines on that fine '56 Pontiac patina paint.

13. 31bowtie

31bowtie
    from maine

Thanks Deano! I have been wanting to get out to your house and show you the progress but we have been busy as heck! School year is almost over though. We are going to be gone for a while on vacation, and then it will be full time Pontiac restoration! Ordered the exhaust pipe online for $42. Talk to you soon!

14. 31bowtie

31bowtie
    from maine

Hi Bil, I was wondering if you had any chrome pieces for a 56? I am looking for door handles, and windshield wiper eschelons amongst other things. Any trim pieces? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

15. Marcia

Marcia

Hey Dean,
    I've got a black coupe that needs some pinstriping. 'll let you know when I'm ready.

16. Rusty Heaps

Rusty Heaps

great to see another '50s pontiac fan here. Mine is a '55 Chieftain 2dr sedan. "A little rough around the edges" Lets see some pics.

17. Irish1955

Irish1955

Another new Star Chief owner here, How's your project coming along?? Mine's a 55 4dr.

18. 31bowtie

31bowtie
    from maine

Hi there, I also have a 4 door. Mine is the 56. Very similar to yours except for some chrome, and the front bumper is better looking on the 55. At least in my opinion. I do have park, and I think the 55 did not come with park? I am running the original 316 for now. Has about 100,000 miles on it, but still runs good. Check out Betteroffalone's pics for some inspiration!

19. I just spent the weekend in a super secret yard. Prices were on the higher side, but the parts are in good shape. Get me a wish list, I'll get you a ballpark figure.

Attached Files:

20. PORKCHOP76

PORKCHOP76
    from iowa

Welcome to the hamb Todd. I dont have a 56 Star Chief... But i do have a 55 chieftain does that qualify ?
    I need front fenders :)

21. Just Gadget

Just Gadget

Welcome Aboard Todd!

22. 31bowtie

31bowtie
    from maine

I am looking for a few parts, mostly chrome. I need windshield wiper eschelons, outside door handles, the chrome/stainless pieces that are on the front edge of the hood, and I would really love to swap the rusty front bumper for a 55 front bumper in good condition. Oh, and the dome light I have doesn't seem to work, and the lens is broken. Sort of a long list I guess! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

23. You found heaven! Very cool