Register now to get rid of these ads!

you ever get cool free stuff?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jimmygrrr, Oct 11, 2011.

1. A neighbor gave me a lifetime supply of hose clamps in assorted sizes. Must be 200 in the box. Had to haul a car for it so it wasn't exactly free but got a 322 nailhead for the cost of one afternooon of my time.

2. 23dragster

23dragster
    from U.S.

I have a 1920's model T block to pick up tomorrow. =) It's rusty, but it's vintage and free! Got a motorcycle once too and other stuff down the short years I've been alive... tools, parts, vintage pieces, odds and ends. Goodies like that.
    Oh, and free advise!

3. my buddy likes to pawn off parts on me for free so they go from taking up space in his place to taking up space in mine. so far he has given me a ported set of '66 289 heads, valves-springs-retainers for those heads, a fuel rail and injectors for a 5.0, shocks for early 60s falcon, adjustable rear shocks of his old maverick, a hei for a 5.0, accel coil. now i just gotta stop being lazy and post the injectors and shocks on craigslist so can get some coin.

4. CFM

CFM
    from Santa Rosa

I picked up an old arc welder and torch setup for free. someone once dropped off a new optima in my driveway with the receipt and no note.:confused:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Chrisbcritter

Chrisbcritter

This:

[​IMG]

It looks like it's been in my backyard forever, but it's really a bunch of unrelated pieces I got from the widow and daughter of a local hot rodder friend. I'll post a snow-free shot when I get the chance so you folks can ID what it actually is, because I sure don't know, other than none of it's Ford!

6. brandon

brandon

Sold some parts for a guy and went home with a pair of mag big window fronts and 15x8.5 no windows.....the no windows came off his comp coupe.......fronts were off his corvette mp car and later on were on his pulling truck.....super cool guy....the story of pulling his 32 coupe thru town trying to get it running....also how a bunch of 97's nearly burnt it to the ground...especially liked the story of him getting his first ticket from my grandpa , who was sheriff at the time.......sometimes you just have to stop and talk:) cool stories will follow

7. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

i guess i'll stay married. :(

8. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

Free stuff..Or should it be called "Helping the cause?"

On the 60 chevy build...holley 4v, block hugger headers, aluminum valve covers, air cleaner, aluminum intake, tach, guages. 700 r4 trans
    on the 62 Comet build...410 FE block (running )Trans , 15 x 10 steelies, ET slicks, coil overs, 4 bar rods, old skool ladder bars, gasser steering wheel
    9 inch nascer rear housing.
    a straight hood for the Comet.

As a buddy of mine says. Take care of those that take care of you.

9. artandmaureen

artandmaureen

I am the one that always gives stuff away for free

10. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

A buddy just gave me a turbo 350 trans, then had it rebuilt for me. Sweet.

11. Heo2

Heo2

Many times and i have sucessfully avoided them
    By the way thats not cool stuff, thats about as
    dorky as it can get
    My father in law gave one to my wife when
    she first got her drivers license and she refused
    to take it to

12. OneWrench

OneWrench

I was given this pickup for parts. I needed a core support and hood latch, they were there and still in good shape. The rest is pretty rough as you can see. Spotted it in a field, all the old guy wanted was someone to bs with for awhile.

Attached Files:

13. THE BRONSON

THE BRONSON

I once got four free airbags for my 53 and all the fittings at cost. Entered a contest on Chevy talk and won big.

14. thats great!...I guy locally needed a timing cover for a flathead one time,,,they call it paying it foward...I gave it to him,,,he was happy!!..people really appreciate that!

15. My one owner '58 Chevy Apache (complete running truck), '27 Ford coupe body, and most recently a '50 Ford Business coupe. The best thing though is my Miller 300 TIG welder. The guy even delivered it to my shop and unloaded it.

16. I just gave a guy 4 bags with the lines and solenoids about two weeks back. Someone left them at my friends rent house when they moved out. He gave them to me and I "paid it forward" to someone in need.

17. hotrod_32

hotrod_32

18. Red Dragon Racing

Red Dragon Racing
    from Indiana

My Dad finds tools laying on the side of the road all the time. One time it was an entire tool box full of beat up old tools. Its so nice of people to leave them there for us.

19. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

nope , thank god they dont charge for air or i would suffocate

20. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

Mine knew yours......B...h.

21. PJKeally

PJKeally

Hi last week I was given Peerless Arc Welder from a Local Lady who was going Thru her shed cleaning out Late Husbands Tools etc,All I have had to weld with was a Small Hobby Arc Welder,Man this one has some Grunt just got get used to Power settings.Lady has said I be getting some Tools and other usefull Items shortly.

22. LabRat

LabRat

Yep ! new information and ideas almost every day !

23. knuckledragger66

knuckledragger66
    from Hutto,Tx

I was given a 29a sedan that was caught in the recent bastrop fire.

24. koolkemp

koolkemp

Haha I can relate to this!! :p

25. sickytwisted

sickytwisted

I just got a 1951 chevy pick up. 5 window...235...80 percent complete. :)

26. 1961 MG midget a 1950 DeSoto S14 Custom and a 1950 S14 Convertible all in various states

Attached Files:

27. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

I got this free we call it the cramper! Ac blows cold.

Attached Files:

28. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

29. Spooky

Spooky

Oil cans, lubesters, portable greasers, and I have a nice pile of cast Ford flatty heads that is growing! And the best is my '62 Ford F-100 stepside.

30. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

I just got this complete dual carb set up from a '40 Buick for my '37 Special:

[​IMG]

Yeah, I know, the exhaust manifolds are backwards.