Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Too busy in my job for work in my project, How did you find the time!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ratamahata, Aug 14, 2011.

1. Yeah yeah I know, time is money!! I like work in my car, but I don't have the time to work on them, My method of Knowledge is based in the experiencie, I must sacrifice some parts... for learning! guys, and this is other history, I telling this because I think much of you guys they lived this theme once or not, How did find this precious time to work in the cars? I won't have we telling about other situations that's pulling away from ours projects, not even ours jobs...
    I have little time to enjoy my project, sad but true, I learning every day with you guys in The HAMB... thanks

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When you are too busy working to work on the project that is the time you stash money back for those have to have pieces and keep and eye out for deals on things on the list. That way when you get the time you will either have the available cash or the parts on hand to turn and burn and not be waiting for the brown truck or stalled because funds are short.

3. noxided

noxided

4. I keep alert all the time, when don't expected, something is coming, saving is the base of fortune... some says ha ha

5. jcapps

jcapps
    from SoCal

Buy parts when I have the cash and when work is slow I work on my projects. I generally work a lot of afternoons or weekends

6. wildearp

wildearp
    from tucson, az

Gotta hit the wrenches the minute I walk in the door from work. Two good hours a night is all it takes.

7. No, I'm working in my own shop, and this take much time because I am the owner, the employee, the accountant, and every in my job...

8. 50styleline

50styleline

First off, as much as i love working on my car priority is family first. Family of four with one income. Working seven days a week and doing side jobs just to pay the bills. You will read me posting about about a true budget build cause never any money or time left for the vehicles, but I am proud to say that my bills(all of them) get paid on time and I have a good relationship with my wife and kids. I am truly blessed and take none of it for granted.

9. Yeah, when haven't any time, I watch the parts and then beginning to think about them, sometimes my friends say me: Why you spend the money on those craps!! ha ha, they never understand what I feel guys... watching a part for a long time, may be I'm insane!!

10. That speaks highly of you, I like your thinking, you must first be responsible for his family, of course, your family will repay it every day ...

11. Cerberus

Cerberus

There is a big difference between finding the time and making the time. I realized this when stuff was not getting done. I told myself, one hour a day, is better than no time spent. Eventually things get done. The momentum increases, and progress is made. Takes passion. No passion, no energy. No energy = nothing done.

12. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

just gotta force yourself to do it, i get home at 9pm eat dinner and check my mail and then drive the 5 miles to my car. sometimes its not any fun and you just end up yelling at a bolt or standing staring at the car.

but you cant get anywhere with out taking that first step every day.

13. Mike Rotch

Mike Rotch
    from Easley SC

Throw the cell phones away, stockpile coffee, break the clocks, and turn up the radio.

14. Rebel 1

Rebel 1

Come home. Dinner with the family. Get an hour or a little more in and back to the family. Not every night, but a couple of times a week. Family first, play when I can.

15. Jack60

Jack60
    from Maryland

Well get laid off and you will have plenty of time but no fucking money................ life's a bitch......... :D Life go's on......:eek:

16. I've done most of the work on my car between 8pm and 1am on saturday night.

17. hitman912

hitman912
    BANNED

I got laid off....plenty of time, not much money.

18. 23dragster

23dragster
    from U.S.

Like lots of people are sayin'; when you don't have the time to work on your classic, that's the time to save for parts you want/need, plan, or buy goodies.

I enjoy happening to find the best deals when I don't "need" whatever it is right at that moment. You get good deals when you don't "need" something right at that moment; and like they're saying, when the time becomes available, you have good stuff to work with.

I don't have family around often at this point in time, but when they are, it gets too lonely if you tinker in the garage every night without joining in the festivities of life.

x2 on the 8-1am in the garage Kan't spell. =D 'Cept that used to be every night! HA!

19. Niklas sweden

Niklas sweden

Family first then take big hammer, crush your pc and then your tv.
    Figure out wath you want, building hotrods or do something else, like other hobbies.
    When building hotrods you dont have so much time or money for anything else.
    I meet guys that dont have time for there cars, they dont set the cars first in there to do hobby list, there are facebook, pcgame, tv, bodytraning, drinking coffe severel times with diffrents friends and slacking them down as weel. Nothing wrong with coofe somthime but not every day all the time and talking wath do do on the cars that are alone in the shops.
    Put your car first is the key, thats on the hobby list, family first then your hobby, if you put your faacebook och pcgame first you dont hace the time, its priority.
    Then there are guys that have bigfamily, work alot do have money to the family, they dont have time, but for many of us its the priority of the cars that matters.

I spend 3 h after the family have gone to bed, sometime i get 1 h before that, i take time from my sleeping time for the garage, 5-6 h sliping is the key for me.

Sorry bad english.

20. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

i try to keep Thursday evenings open and get a few hours in, the rest of the time each week is bonus time for me. some weekends there are no family events, not many chores i need to do (like mow the grass or fix a leaky faucet) and i can hit it hard. times when i an just too tired (can't work half the night any more) i read up on things i need to do next, search for parts or look for ideas on things i want to incorporate.
    time will go by and things will change from how they are now, keep the family at the top of the list but try to carve out some time for the car to recreate, you need some of that too

21. Paul B

Paul B

Sold the project bought a runner

22. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

do what you can when you can, that's all. paul, get back to work.

23. hillbillyhellcat

hillbillyhellcat

I worked 60-65 hours a week, went home, had a quick sandwich and went to the shop from 7 until 11 PM, sometimes later. I also had zero social life or family.... but I completely stripped and repainted two of my cars.

I have been out of work for a few months now - went gung ho for a weeks and got a lot of projects out of the way... Now I am afraid to do much but stay out of the garage for fear of spending money. But good news! I'm back to work on Monday with a M-F 8-5 job! I can't wait for that little amount of spare time, plus the shop is on the way home. ;)

But honestly, it's all about passion.

24. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

When I built my first body off hot rod [40 tudor] in 83 I had two 7 and 8 year old boys. I was also working at least 60 hours a week. After sports, homework, yardwork, and home repairs were done I went to the garage. This was probably 9:00 pm untill midnite or so. Yes my wife would get pissed at times. But I had no other hotrod so I was motovated. Today I have all day [retired] but two others to drive, so I don't get near as much done. Motovation and tenacity was the answer for me. It for sure wasn't talent or skill.