Register now to get rid of these ads!

Got scamed for a $1000

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gomes, Oct 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5window

5window

Nearly as pointless as #18 and #19.You're REALLY going to kill someone over $1000 or less?

Contact the police and the District Attorney's office in both jurisdictions. Chances are, they already know about this "gentleman and lady".

2. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Confirm the phone number, then let the drunk dialing ensue!!! I'm a real asshole after 6 or 7 beers, and imagine what one thousand HAMbers would be like?!! :D

3. 48 Chubby

48 Chubby
    Member Emeritus

Don't know if it'll help any but, my home town is Columbus, GA. My sister, son, and my wife's family all live there. My brother in law checked the address for me, and says that no body lives there right now. House was recently vacated by the folks who rented it. He owns some rental property in that area and will see if he can learn any thing that might be useful to you. If he tells me anything worth while I'll PM you.

With apologies for my home town jimmy

4. 56 Frame Dragger

56 Frame Dragger

That sucks , hope you get something back. What ever happened to that good old handshake and you got my word. It don't mean shit anymore.....

5. slammed

slammed

There you go, some good solid information. Enough vigilante bravado. By the book, this guy needs to reimburse +.

6. wkrman

wkrman

Found him on spokeo.com seems to move around alot. hope you can get your money back

7. oneredryderone

oneredryderone

912 42nd st columbus has been 'visited', found to be recently vacated. google earth satellite view shows 304 seminole dr montgomery to be a single residence, and 4303a norman bridge rd appears to be a commercial building. anyone nearby the montgomery addresses done a 'drive-by? google earth is an easily accessed resource. county property tax records are on-line in many cities, anyone here on the h.a.m.b. in the real estate business in the greater montgomery-area? if this feller has a connection to either address, public records may yield workable clues.
    red

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  8. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

Sorry Rambo...maybe you can hire yourself out.

9. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Get a rope no the DA and the sherrif only prosecute if they want to I had a bitch steal 70000 dollars from us and she is still free !!

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

You left a lot out of this story that we need to give you some solid advice. First off all, how did you pay? Money order, bank transfer, paypal, how? Secondly, if you sent the money to a bank, have you talked to that bank yet? Have you contacted the authorities in the town where you sent the money?

Give us as much info as possible and we might be able to help you out.

Don

11. locorider

locorider

Sorry to hear that man. It was actually brought up on another forum and apparently he has scammed several people with the same ad. I saw it on CL a few months back on TN and recently again in Salt Lake CL for $6500, I figured he needed the cash because no one had bought it yet. From what the other guys that got scammed said, the scammer is good with communicating with you. Answers all your calls, sends tons of detail pics, emails and phony addys seem to check out. His dads car, he recently passed and so on and so on...

12. AKA Kustoms

AKA Kustoms
    from Racine, WI

One of links I posted in post #9 shows he is listed as a lawyer, so I imagine the commercial address is his office, with the other being a home address?

The Google is my friend.

13. AKA Kustoms

AKA Kustoms
    from Racine, WI

Can you post a link to the other forum? Might be helpful in this case, at least the victims can band together against this piece of shit. Strength in numbers may get law enforcement / prosecutors attention?

14. Gomes

Gomes

Ya I got that I called its connected to an Attorneys office

15. Gomes

Gomes

Thanks for the laugh, lets commence!!

16. Gomes

Gomes

Yep The guy was real smooth and his girl (a girl) was as well. dad died they needed money blah blah blah.
    I do have an email: leonard.Arrington.yahoo.com
    I have a case # with my local police they are yet to call me Pleasanton's finest

17. DJLATIN

DJLATIN

Good luck, hope you get them locked up.

18. Doesn't have to be big money with the advent of the internet, it becomes interstate fraud. Not a good thing. A police report on both ends of the deal at your house and theirs. Your police are going to say that they can't do anything from my experience but be persistant.

I had a problem with an extorsion deal by a fella in oregon back in the '90s. The Kansas city police said they couldn't do anything because he was in oregon and the oregon police wouldn't do anything because i was in KC. I finally contacted a federal agency and they said be persistent with the local police and not to worry about the oregon police because they would just hang up on me. So I was and the KC police finally filed a general report.

When the fella sent his goombah around @ 5 Am and I introduced him to Mary it worked wonders. The police already knew what was going on when they arrived just before the ambulance.

19. Gomes

Gomes

Cash into his bank account at Wells Fargo acct # 3000203118437 routing # 121000248
    My buddie is a wellsfargo manager and gave me some extra ph #
    cell334-270-1405
    hm 334-270-2007
    I called talked to a lady she gave me an attitude I explained she wasn't having it she said " This town is raciest and I hate the police send them and I will tell them too Fuck off!"

20. "Fuck off" doesn't mean much when you just got a new 350 lb fiance named Matty. ;)

21. outlaw256

outlaw256

man i hate you took a hit for $1000. stay on thier ass if you can, by any means.phone calls,emails any way.make sure the law stays on top also. bug the law until they get tired of you. it does work!to bad we cant just bust their heads but now days youll be the one in jail not them.this i know also to be true,lol.im the type of person that will spend $1000 to get back a hundred.stubborn that way.but i will not let it rest if you try to fuck me over.be the same way.get after them.i hate a thief.

22. Mysterio

Mysterio

That sucks. Sorry to hear about that.

23. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

I have whooped whole sale ass for a lot less.

There must be some some Hambers in that area that can pay a visit.

24. Ditto

25. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Call the District Attorneys office in the town where the money went. See what they say. They should be able to tell you how to proceed.

Sounds like you are dealing with some real scum there, but most likely he has a record and maybe probation, so he may not want to risk going back.

Don

26. chaos10meter

chaos10meter
    from PA.

Me too, in the mid 60's, I think Uncle Sam was paying me about $317.00 a month but he supplied all the shit you needed so it wasn't too bad a deal.

27. BISHOP

BISHOP

To get the police attention in both areas simply do this........

Have your wife call the police on both ends, with explanation of the deal. Have her tell the police you just left on your way to take care of it, in a brutal way. "Officer, he left with a bunch of big zip-ties and stuff".

They will remember that, and be all over it.

28. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Tony, I did some snooping. Called the Mongomery Al Sheriffs Dept. They said the complaint has to originate at the place where you live, then they will investigate based on that complaint. I also looked up the name and it comes up as Leonard Q. Arrington, age 53, Wife Monica.

Don

29. brad chevy

brad chevy

Why not find the ad in another city and set them up,beat them at their own game. I don't give a shit what anybody says,the cops,district attorneys office don't give a shit unless theres something in it for them. File a report,filed and forgotten. If the guy had scamed a cop he would already be in jail. Just the way the system is today. You can report a scam ad to proper authorities and damn ad is still up in the same venue. Its all about the $.

30. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

maybe taking a 1,000 $ out of his hide might get you the attention on this issue you need

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.