Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lower a '33 roadster lid without cutting... LITERALLY!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jersey Suede, Oct 25, 2011.

1. Makin' good use of your retirement time I see;)

Dennis

2. Very nice work Lance. Very "Sorchik-ish"....LOL!!!!

3. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Go Lance Go!

I dig your creativity, to save the original lid. Leave it up to you to get that radical on the chop. Looks killer man! Thanks for sharing!!!

4. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Very nice top with a great profile.

If you don't have the real iron ones to work with, Neil Gates makes super irons and bows that are perfect copies and he can build you any chop you like. His bolt into the stock holes.

Is that the same roadster that used to be a hiboy?

5. billylo

billylo

Beautiful car....I hope mine gets to be this nice one day!

6. I dig that roadster, I need to get my 34 roadster going...SOON!

This red roadster belonging to Dave in Wenatchee, WA also had the top lowered in a similar fashion, but the mounting holes were re-drilled farther up the irons.

My roadster has some old chromed irons that were chopped long ago...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. fleet-master

fleet-master

cool chop!!! but what i really wana know is...how do you superimpose your words onto your photos?? thats real slick :D:confused:

8. KillerKustom

KillerKustom

9. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

That is exactly how I lowered the top on my 36. I dropped the windshield 2 inches and the back mounts about 4 inches. I took the hump out of the center bow by slanting it forward.

Attached Files:

10. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

Thanks Flatheadpete. And yeah, it's OVER 20 years old!! Time marches on!!

Hey Dennis,

Yes, retirement is surreal!! But it does get pricey with a hobby like this. Oh well, you have to spend your money on something.

11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

12. RUBBERNECKKIN

RUBBERNECKKIN
    from MICHIGAN

Sounds to good to be true

13. Chris Casny

Chris Casny

I really like it. Awesome job.

14. Love it Lance! I'll be mocking up my 34 roadster soon too. Been day dreaming lately while working on my house.

15. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

Smokey, Thanks for the bust! But OK, I'll get back to work. Drawing hot rods can really wear a guy out!!;) Great hearing from you.

Flatheadpete, It's been AT LEAST 20 YEARS!!! YIKES! Time marches on. Thanks for the compliments.

Dennis, Yes, someone has to do this stuff. It is getting a bit pricey though!! Nice to hear from you.

Daryl, YOU, of all people, should talk about a RADICAL chop!!! I may have to cut it an additional 3" to just keep up from you!!;) We'll hopefully see you at the GNRS.

Pewsplace, Great info to know that these tops are available. I'm not familiar with Neil Gates, but now more people are. Thanks for sharing. And yes, this is the same one that has been a hiboy since I've owned it. I guess it was just time for a change.

Chris, Dave's roadster has been one of my favorites for awhile. I have a number of shots from the web of his 34 and hope some day to make it to the great North West to see it in person. Very cool how he managed to lower it by relocating the holes on the irons. Great stuff!!

Simple. Open image in Photoshop, put in words, arrows, etc., save as a JPG, and post the images.

FalconMan, I figured I didn't invent anything here and that this MUST have been done sometime before, but since the HAMB is a force to be reckoned with, the world NOW knows that this can be done. Great job on the '36!!

16. 43gman

43gman
    from NC

Still looks like too much freakin' windshield. . .

17. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

OK, OK!! I'll take another inch out of her, JUST FOR YOU!!! See you soon.

18. Don't take this the wrong way. I didn't care for the original top profile, it just looks wrong like it is just layed on there. The new profile makes the ass of the roadster look huge, in a good way I like it real well. :cool:

19. Plowboy

Plowboy

Evil, just in time for Halloween!