Register now to get rid of these ads!

2nd Annual "Blessing of the Rods" hot rod and custom car show...Phoenix, AZ

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gunk, Sep 2, 2011.

1. gunk

gunk
    from phoenix

2nd Annual All Saints Day
    "Blessing of the Rods"
    Hot Rod + Custom Car Show

(Saturday, November 5th, 2011)

2pm-2am

Well, it's that time of year again! First Saturday in November is what we're calling "All Saint's Day" and you all know what that means...yup, that's right, The Hell City Saints Car Club's Second Annual "Blessing of the Rods" Hot Rod and Custom Car Show!

If you attended this event last year then you know what a great time it was and don't want to miss this year's show. If you missed last year, this is your chance to redeem yourself! Come join The Hell City Saints C.C. on November 5th, 2011 for a bitchin' car show with great live music and some seriously talented artists, pinstripers & unique shopping. The American Legion Post #1 (Downtown Phoenix) will be serving up great food and cold drinks.

This year's show will feature more parking and an expanded vendor area. Car show entries are free!! All entries will be blessed and receive a dash plaque for sacramental protection! $10 will get you into the American Legion to hear all the great bands not to mention a free t-shirt if you're one of the first 150 through the door! Gates open at 2PM.

Go to www.hellcitysaints.com for more details and updates including band and vendor line-ups.

Please note that this show is open to all Pre-1965 Hot Rods and Customs. The Saints appreciate all cars from all eras, but space is limited and we will only be admitting American cars made before 1965. Not to worry though, additional parking for all other cars will be available so come one come all. Thanks for your understanding.

American Legion Post #1
    364 North 7th Avenue
    Phoenix, AZ 85007-2534

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  2. Mike

Mike

Smells like fun.

An address might be helpful to those of us who are not members of the American Legion.

3. bttt to help the kids out.

4. gunk

gunk
    from phoenix

None of us are members either, just a great venue. The address is:
    364 N 7th Ave
    Phoenix, AZ 85007-2534

Thanks!
    Joe

5. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

I will see you guys there....
    Viejitos c.c

6. mgh13

mgh13

Can't wait! Hope to see you all there. Kurtis, let us know how many are coming from the Viejitos so we can reserve spots all together for you guys. Thanks for the support!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  7. NumbNutz

NumbNutz

Missed last year, but will be there this year for some of that sacramental protection.

8. mgh13

mgh13

Looking forward to it NumbNutz, we'll save ya a spot!

9. mgh13

mgh13

10. cWaInc

cWaInc
    from Phoenix

Had a great time last year! Didnt get to meet anyone from HCS but it was a good crowd overall... Are you guys doing the T-shirt give away again? I love the artwork on the flyer, it would be awesome on a shirt.

11. mgh13

mgh13

Yes sir! Same deal as last year. No charge to have your ride in the show. First 150 through the door to see the bands get a free shirt. This years shirt will be black with the white show logo on the back. We'll also have koozies with the show logo on it that PBR is making up. We will be giving out those for donations to the American Legion / Color Guard.

With our first show under our belt we should be a little more relaxed and able to socialize with everyone this go around. Stop by an introduce yourself, we'd love to meet ya. We appreciate all the support! Looking forward to seeing some bitchin' rides and listening to some good music!

Check out www.hellcitysaints.com for all the details and line ups.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  12. bonesy

bonesy

Cool. I want one of those shirts! I guess I need to get there early.

13. who'syourpaddy

who'syourpaddy

Food and drink prices for the show:

$2 PBR Tall Boys
    $3 Well drinks
    $4 Call drinks
    $5 gets you:

Burger + chips. Or
    2 hot dogs+ chips. Or
    Green chile burro

These prices CANT be beat!

14. who'syourpaddy

who'syourpaddy

Wanna room walking distance from the venue?

Las Palmas Inn
    765 Grand Av
    PHOENIX, AZ
    ... (602)256-9161

$35 double occupancy

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  15. Kerry67

Kerry67

Any chance we can get some spots together for the Bomb Squad ? Looking forward to the show. Last years was killer !

16. 1bdsinner

1bdsinner
    from phoenix

Put me down for 5 spots together at least.. looking forward to the show.

17. mgh13

mgh13

You got it, Kurtis! Kerry, let me know how many you need. We'll make it happen!! Thanks for the support.

18. mgh13

mgh13

Shirts were gone before the sun was down, so earlier is better :).

19. mgh13

mgh13

Shirts were gone before the sun was down last year, so earlier is better :).

20. Kerry67

Kerry67

6 spots for the Squad please.

**warning** extreme alcohol consumption was done at last years Saints bash. And judging by the misery run we did together, this should not be any different.

21. Bttt too help you guys out after I heard what happened to you guys with the promoter of the tempe show that was horrible and how you guys were treated with the bands that you wanted before. I think your show is going to blow the tempe one out of the water.

22. who'syourpaddy

who'syourpaddy

We appreciate everyone's support and look forward to making this show an even bigger success than last year's show. Gonna be kick ass!

23. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

24. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

I was hoping the truck would be up and running, but it looks like it'll be next week. Might have to cruise the bikes down...

25. mgh13

mgh13

Not to worry, Nick. We'll have parking inside the gates for our two wheeled friends too. Sorry to hear about the truck. See ya Saturday.

26. MilesM

MilesM

Have to try and swing by.

27. cWaInc

cWaInc
    from Phoenix

28. spikeshotrods

spikeshotrods

The "Southwest Nostalgia Drags Crew" will be there.........we're looking forward to it......see ya Saturday......Spike

29. mgh13

mgh13

Wouldn't be the same without you guys!! You bringing the dragsters?! Thanks for all the support.

30. IL GIMMI

IL GIMMI

Last years was a good time. Sadly I wont be able to make it this year, Have fun.