Register now to get rid of these ads!

What does the Hamb think of this color?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by graverobber63, May 26, 2005.

1. 1Shot-Scot

1Shot-Scot
    from Minnesota

The green is cool but more importantly - I think that you need to forget the dumps and go with some narrow whitewalls... I think that a set of Crager SS's and some narrow whites would look sweet. Astros are starting to
    move into the same league as red painted steelies. Then maybe paint the brake drums green too or maybe white for that perfect mid-late sixties look...

2. Fifty5C-Gas

Fifty5C-Gas

3. marq

marq

common man it's lime fuckin green fer god sakes so unless your a lime or a pea it's gonna look real shit like that bloody monstrosity...............Marq........just an opinion

4. raaf

raaf

gold would look bitchen too... just a thought. but if you do flake it, flake the top too - i don't like the idea of white too much...

5. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

I was thinking the same thing, but I don't know how silver flake would look against the green. Maybe if it was a pearl white with a tint of blue it would look good

6. rlackey

rlackey

That's a rad color, but I want to know why when I post that I plan a Brandywine Kandy job on my '54 Chevy and how I'm spending weeks stripping my body of every last speck of rust, using an epoxy primer, filling, block sanding, etc, etc... so I can have a foundation that makes it worthwhile spending money on paint, I get shat on because it's not rattle can black, how much money it costs and then get accused of building a trailer queen and told I don't belong here.

Maybe this should be in the 'stupid newbie questions' thread, or maybe I'm just missing something.

I guess all I want to say, is build your car the way you want, and don't take too much notice of what the all powerful H.A.M.B has to say about it. Everyone here has given good advice though, and at least no-one has knocked you down like I was.

Good luck!

Rich

7. when iwas a kid I used to have a lowrider jeep that was brite as hellgreen! I loved the color and would love to have my 55 shot that same color. But mine wasnt candy it was that honda del sol color with a yelow pearl! it was a gorgeous color! I have to look for a pic of it! But Iwouldnt post hear so dont worry! I am telling you it is very close to the look you are looking for and it was cheaper then the candy and very tuff I even had it shot on the plastic around the ground effects and they bashed all the time and didnt chip like candy! Dude that would look so nice!

8. This rod belongs to my friend Barry Ray. I think it is a great looking car. I don't know what the color is officially named but I call it "radio active frog". l

9. monaroau

monaroau

I am GREEN with envy

I love the color

10. tx longroof

tx longroof
    from fort worth

anybody know the name of the kia color? i'm thinking that color in suede with a gold flaked roof on my wagon

11. Clark

Clark

longroof....check out the posts with fatabones car "MrYuk" It is a lime green/gold color from Honda hybred cars. I'm not sure if it's the same color but it's pretty cool flattened.
    Clark

12. Chewie

Chewie

Dude I missed your post in regard to this, but "brandywine" especially when done right, is one KICK ASS color. It's been my fav for over 25 yrs and that's what's going on the 48 when done.

If a color makes a trailer queen....I guess i don't belong here either.

13. fatty mcguire

fatty mcguire

I think I saw that caddy for sale at Lead East 2 years ago for like 10 grand, but it looks like this guy put a new interior in it and lowered it, I guess it got shipped to the West Coast...

14. rlackey

rlackey

I think the thread just happened to attract some people that were particularly into building thier cars without spending the money on a Kandy paint job or the prep work involved. It's cool, they can build thier cars thier way, but I felt a bit offended that all of the sudden it was like I was doing something unnaceptable or non "traditional" or something. I'm over it now, and I'm still here. I guess you can't take what everyone says seriously all the time, especially here.

15. DesignIt

DesignIt

16. tx longroof

tx longroof
    from fort worth

what's wrong with kia's hahaha

thanks, that sites pretty cool.

17. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

You guys got the wrong impression... I don't give a shit what anyone thinks, I just thought It would be great to get some hamber feedback and I did. Some of those other colors posted are pretty wicked too-

as for traditional, I wouldn't call it that. It's borderline lowrider with 'nostalgic' flair (dumps, bellflowers, chrome reverse etc...) and yes, I'm paying someone to do the body and paint. I'm not rich and I've been saving like a pothead on his way to Amsterdam to get it done. If I attempted the body myself, you would be able to surf on the body panels.

Adamo

18. lgh1157

lgh1157

I really, really like the color on this bike :D

L