Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 20th NHRA Hot Rod Reunion Bakersfield,Ca. 2011

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by M.Edell, Oct 25, 2011.

1. TwinTownTerror

TwinTownTerror
    from Minnesota

I would've posted mine but you seemed to have taken a pic of everything there! If you or anyone else is interested you can click on this link http://www.twintownterrors.com/ to see mine.

Go over to the 'MORE' button, and you can see my photos and a couple videos I took with my phone. There are a few more videos at my youtube page also if you like those...

2. Was there and what a week end, saw all the cars and then some. I'm happy, like others here, that you were able to capture so many of them and share with those less fortunate that were unable to make it! Were you able to attend the thur and sat nite get togethers at Squeak Bell's place? An annual thing for CHRR. Saw many of my old friends that I had not seen for years and as usual, "1ST LIAR DIDN'T HAVE A CHANCE"!!! LOL Cant wait for the MARCH MEET.

3. M.Edell

M.Edell

I was upset I didnt make Squeaks party on Saturday.I had the directions to his shop all printed out and everything.We took our 13 month old son with us and he would not go down to sleep and I didnt want to leave the wife at the room by herself with a crazy baby.

4. What great shots. Thanks for taking us there.
    Later,
    Dick

5. M.Edell

M.Edell

My only complaint about the CHRR was all the Damn Golf Carts! Especially on Saturday! Some of those idiots are dangerous, plus half of them look like they could use some friggin exercise anyway.

6. Sorry you missed it, it was great. Maybe at the March Meet. Might to get to meet you and talk Cadillacs, Squeak has cornered the market on all the old Caddy stuff!! LOL

7. M.Edell

M.Edell

Yes he has, those Valve Covers hes making are beautiful.It was great to finally meet Squeak in person after talking with him a zillion times over the phone for many years.He made three or four sets of Caddy headers for me and sold me the Edelbrock Valve Covers for my old Cad engine back in the 90's.Not to mention all the good advice..

8. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

Awesome coverage! Thanks for sharing.

9. sololobo

sololobo

Thanx for the super fine pix. This event is about as cool as any could be. I was thrilled to be able to watch a lot of it on the awesome Bang Shift live and filmed coverage. Thanx to everyone that shared this event with us to far away to attend. ~sololobo~

10. Rice n Beans Garage

Rice n Beans Garage

Wow, thanks for sharing !!

11. Really great set of photos.
    Thanks

12. TwinTownTerror

TwinTownTerror
    from Minnesota

My only complaint was the all the people hanging out at the starting line, over the wall, and the black crane lift. It was hard to find the race cars until they were at half track sometimes. I didn't realize how packed it had been getting since I am usually participating when at these events (first time as a spectator only since 2001) and don't notice that stuff. It also made it hard to take action photos without a blue vest in it. Usually I sit father down track when I spectate but I was with my dad and he likes to sit towards the starting line. Other than that it was fine. I didn't have a problem with the carts, but I wasn't racing this time. I will say in the past racing there can be a nightmare with the carts and stuff causing traffic jams in the lanes, pits, and return road.

13. Great pictures M. Edell!!!! Me and the little lady had a great time this weekend. I got home and this is the first year I only had 1 picture.... I was like look its Alex Gambino [​IMG] He had her up and fixed shortly afterward because I saw the fuck u 54' parked over at the end of the Grove by his Beatnick Brethren.-Weeks

14. M.Edell

M.Edell

Thanks.. There were ALOT more spectators this year than previous years on Saturday for sure.The Carts were annoying when walking through the swap meet and vendor areas.They had the attitude that you the pedestrian was the nuisance.

15. modified1927

modified1927

Fantastic photos and all I can say is I'm sad I missed it
    Thanks again

16. Great pics. Thanks for posting.

17. m.edell,
    great pics, i appreciate you posting them. anyone get any pics of this roadster?.
    thanks.
    Al.

Attached Files:

18. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

Great pics Marcus and thanks for letting your 13 month old take the videos. Unless that was you shaking all over the place.......

19. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What a fantastic batch of photos. Thanks for sharing all of them with us.

20. M.Edell

M.Edell

LOL..You Dick!..Thats what happens when you approach 40.:rolleyes:

21. choptup 49

choptup 49
    from so-cal

The pix are bitchen!

22. Nice pictures! Thanks for the post.. wish I were there.

23. roughneck424

roughneck424

There was a couple commercial photographers there.
    They have not uploaded to their website yet. But you can check back here. Theres' some past March Meet and So. Cal Cruise events on them.

http://vcrides.com/preview_016.htm

http://fasttimesphoto.net/

24. Thanks for taking the time to post this cool stuff. Now I'm California Dreamin'.

25. M.Edell

M.Edell

Here's a few more I found on facebook [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. guy1unico

guy1unico

There are alot of event coverages but your pictures made this one of the best!
    Thank you for sharing,
    Guy

27. M.Edell

M.Edell

Wow..Thanks!

28. M.Edell

M.Edell

29. Nitro is not for the faint of heart.

30. 72IH

72IH

Anybody have any more pictures of "El Lobo"? I love that thing.