Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tunnel Ram on the street.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by John 79, Sep 23, 2009.

1. 64T-bolt

64T-bolt
    from Kansas

Timing is the key..... I run 34 degrees locked out all the time with 20 degree start retard and that's it. This will solve a lot of stumbling commonly blamed on carbs..

2. Gee whiz. Let's see.... I've ran tunnel rammed dual quads on street cars galore, daily drivers, my wife's daily drivers, my WORK TRUCK, you name it. I tried on two different motorhomes but couldn't get the setups under the doghouse.
    A few.... My daily driver for years, picked up my future wife from high school in it....

[​IMG]

My engine in my driver from 1991 until 2000, passed aircare emissions tesing every year with no "detuning" whatsoever... power brakes as most of my vehicles have had, no problems whatsoever..

[​IMG]

My wife's daily driver, grocery getter, you name it for years and years and years

[​IMG]

My work truck for a decade... 440, 727 and 4.10 Dana, I could spin the tire while towing a trailer WITH a car on the trailer quite easily.... stock torque converter.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have two 2x4 low intake vehicles right now, one is my daily driver. I might toss a CH28 low 2x4 intake on my next motorhome... I've never ever had any problems with dual quad vehicles. I love them.

3. hotrodchevy

hotrodchevy

ran a pair of 450s on tunnelram 327 on street for 3 years than wen to 427 w/tunnel two 650s for ayear before going to my 671 blown 52 w/two 750s all daily driver engines now better than 10 years on 502 no complaints also ran tunnel w/450s on a 302 ford in a t bucket I built in early 70s loved it.

4. SchlottyD

SchlottyD

Running a Weiand single carb tunnel ram on my 302, but have somewhere in the neighborhood of 10.5:1 compression, 2.02 intake valves in ported 289 hipo heads, and a Comp Big Mutha Thumpr cam. Seems to have decent street manners even with a crappy carb and distributor.

5. golden31

golden31
    from Omaha, NE

i run a 305 / mild cam with a single 600 cfm mounted on top of a weiand tunnel ram and it is a daily driver. Runs like a champ on the highway or in the city.

6. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

7. 440 mopar

Attached Files:

8. 7 yr old post, you can tell the cars are put up for winter when you see these oldies pop up.

9. YEP.

10. I kind of like it when they come back from the grave. Some of the old posts are pretty interesting.

11. OH YEA. I like some of these old threads , we can always freshen them up a bit.

wraymen likes this.